Exercise for VLC dieter tone up

slimmerwithin

Hi guys I am about to start a meal replacement diet (on docs recommendations) and I will be on only 600 calories a day so I am advised not to do any vigorous exercise. However, as the weight loss will be fast I would like to tone up for shape and also so that I dont lose too much lean tissue.

I have bad knees so lunges are basically out. Can anyone recommend a resistance type training that doesnt put too much strain on the knees and is not high calorie burning that I can do from home. something that will help tone muscles and hopefully prevent ending up looking like an anorexic turkey lol

Thanks

slimmerwithin said:
Hi guys I am about to start a meal replacement diet (on docs recommendations) and I will be on only 600 calories a day so I am advised not to do any vigorous exercise. However, as the weight loss will be fast I would like to tone up for shape and also so that I dont lose too much lean tissue.

I have bad knees so lunges are basically out. Can anyone recommend a resistance type training that doesnt put too much strain on the knees and is not high calorie burning that I can do from home. something that will help tone muscles and hopefully prevent ending up looking like an anorexic turkey lol

Thanks

Hi there slimmerwithin. Sorry I really don't know what to recommend except maybe to modify some of the kettlebell exercises?
Also with a VLCD maybe skip exercise for the fist week or 2 until you're in ketosis and feel more comfortable and have more energy. I've done a VLCD in the past and was able to exercise only after a few weeks.
I hope it works well for you -and yes, the weight loss tends to be quite fast!

Back