Exercise Goals

losit

Hi,
I thought it might be good to start a thread on our exercise goals no matter how small they are. In fact, the smaller the more important they are.

There's also the little everyday things that are good as goals such as being able to get out of the sofa easier.

In my case due to a bad back, anything over 11 stone and I struggle to get out of a deep chair or the car. As i'm a small frame and 11 stone is a lot on me. At 10stone I cant spring out of the sofa.

When driving, if i'm over 12 stone I can feel my spare tyre press against me elbows as i drive. Not a good feeling.

So,
Today I'm walking to the first crossroad from my house, it's just under 2km, i don't care how long it takes me....it's a start.
Losit

I weight 29st 7lbs when I started and am now at 18st 8lbs and now find I can fit behind the steering wheel without my belly touching it!! I walked 2 miles yesterday - tired but good!

Well done guys! Ive just finished day two! Trying to hit the gym atleast 4 times a week! Keep up the good work :)

Good thread losit!

I hope to get back walking again as I have become so unfit over this last year.

I have a very sore foot just now and once it feels better I am going to begin.

My goal is to walk 2,000 steps and build it up from there, 2,000 steps is about one mile and like losit I don't care how long it takes.

Wishing everyone success with their goals.

Thanks mini :)

My goal is to be able to to twenty sit ups in one go without stopping (as my exercise regime is focused on burning tummy fat and tummy toning)
then im going to increase it by 5 every two weeks until I can do 100 =D xxx

Aww good luck I'm going to try the same! X

hi all,
i'm on day 1. i've managed a 20 min walk everyday and chased my 2 nephews for about 10mins on tuesday. It makes me want to get fitter so i can chase them for longer.
Remember if you're tfr not to push it too hard.
I have a goal of walking up this huuuuuge hill near my house. I'ii try it next week...

Hi,
How we doing. I have to wrap up, get my ass off the couch and exercise more than my fingers on the keyboard.....will report back...

yey, did a 20min walk with the dog.

Thanks to the influences of Deezer, Denise and Summergurl I did the couch to 5k challenge in the latter three months of last year and have discovered much to my (and indeed everyone that has ever known me) surprise that i enjoy running now. So my 2012 challenge is to run 1 million meters in 2012.... before this diet if you had told me i would be saying this i would have laughed in your faces. How things can change! Brilliant!

wow, go you, I've signed up for a 10km charity walk on february so have to get going, i'm doing 2-3 km a day at moment. That's great you like running now, and such an inspiration to others, well done.

2-3k walking a day is brilliant. Have a look at the couch to5k challenge the nhs do podcasts and stuff to go with it. Its brilliant teaches you that you can do anything you put your mind to, you might like it and the difference it makes on toning up your legs is amazing, if you are already walking 2-3k you wouldn't find it too hard x

I just got an exercise bike today, going to try and do at least half an hour today, also started weight training and have major sore arms :D x

i'ii have to be content with climbing the stairs today, if i can do it without getting too out of breath.......damn bronchitis.....i just have to remind myself it will pass and i will get fit. It's times like this that sends me off the rails foodwise. I get sick ofetn and that's why i find it hard to keep the weight down as i then feel sorry for myself and eat...At least i can recognise it now.
I'm in Ireland so no couch to 5k here, only 10kms. I'm working on it slowly.

you can do it losit, stay strong and if you ever need us we are always here, just focus on the future I know its hard but we are all good people who deserve to have good lives. I blipped yesterday and binged (having a bloomin awful week) but got up today and did 20 mins on my new exercise bike and am back on, no ifs or buts. And trust me if I can keep going you can! Sending good and positive energies your way :) ~hug~ x

hey amonious,
That's great, those blips will get better, I think we have to let go of we we think are blips and failures and as i was told here, we are all here as we have some issue with food.
I have found it great to be able to talk to others like myself and to know that the most important thing is to just start again.
I have to postpone tfr at the moment untill i'm better, but i hope i'ii be allowed to hangout as i'ii be tfr soon again.

I'm trying to start and exercise regime next week so hopefully that will pay off too! Going to start walking and maybe try the gym- I used to be mortified going there before :( Loseit you will be fine!! Look at the fab results you have had so far, things will only get better for you, you just have to get healthy again! Then it will all fall off again. Hope you are feeling better today!!

I am starting at 19 stone and I get out of breath just from walking the dog up a slight hill my partner and I went on holiday this year and I couldnt get the plain tray past my belly I was so humiliated we paid extra on the return flight to get upgraded to 1st class. That will not happen this year I have just completed my 3rd day and I am going strong, we are walking the everyday for about an hour.

My first goal will be to be able to walk the dog without getting out of breath followed by being able to do a gentle jog on the tredmill :D

Fingers crossed :D...............

Hey! Good luck you'll do it :) x

Back