Exercise - good or bad on Atkins

sahalley

I am on my 3rd day of Atkins and am really enjoying this way of eating and am at the moment suffering from the dreaded tiredness, headachy feeling so hoping that I will be in the big K tomorrow. However I've started going to the gym, and to be honest it's killing me as I am not used to exercise ;) but it is part of the new fitter me and I get dragged there up to 5 times a week. Now I have read on some threads that exercise stalls weightloss and as I am doing this to lose weight, I am now worried that this might not be the diet for me and that I should do a more carb based diet. I really really don't want to change from Atkins as it seems to be suiting me but of course I am dieting to lose weight and not just inches and I have a lot of weight to lose. Any advice of this would be greatly appreciated.

I found that when i was running 5 times a week i stalled, i probably wasn't eating enough and it takes time for your body to adjust to burning fat as its primary source of fuel.

I cut back and am now adding running back in. I'm doing 3 days a weeks now and feel great. I'll have to pick it up again soon though as i have a 10 mile race to train for.

I've also added in protien shakes to my diet on the days i excerise.

Thank you so much for your replies. I weighed myself this morning just to see if the exercise is affecting my weight loss and I am down 2 pounds in 3 days :) so am quite happy with that and I have eaten tons. Tonight will be my third day in a row that I am going to the gym but tonight I am only doing aqua arobics so nothing too strenuous.

Sounds like you have the balance right for you, it does vary from person to person. Well done and keep up the good work!
Bren xx

Back