Exercise help for an anxiety sufferer?

Lizzzi

Silver Member
Hello, as i have said in the title of the thread I am looking for some help. I suffer with very bad anxiety (which i am getting help for atm), I can't find the courage to go the gym or for a run as i don't like people staring at me. I am finding it hard to find some exercises to do at home that will help me lose weight. I do Zumba at home but find it can get a little boring after a while. Can anyone help?! x

Yoga and you can get power Pilates which is quite hard but relaxing.

In relation to classes aqua fit is great fun I have a great tutor it's hard work but fun and generally older ppl so very relaxed and no one stares but it's still a solid work out.

How about some weights for your wrists and your ankles and then carry on as before but lose more weight. If you watch telly, see how many flights up and down your stairs you can do in the adverts and try to increase the number each time. If you can afford it how about a personal trainer who comes to you. Good luck with whatever you decide as I am guessing this is really hard for you at times x

I used to be the same. Eventually, the thing that broke the cycle was rescuing a dog :) having to take him for his walks MADE me overcome the anxiety and now I'm not too bad! The only time I suffer with it is if I'm in a restaurant and people are judging me by my size..

But before I got Dexter, the dog, I used to do aerobics :D I have the Clubland Work Out DVD that I used to stick on. Exercise and a good old boogy in the living room :D

I have anxiety also the type of exercise I usually do is just dance 4, which is a wii game so you could do it at home

There are some walking based videos on you tube by lady called Leslie sansone very easy and quick to do :) x

Have you been to your local library? They usually have exercise dvd's so you could get a variety, and if they aren't in they can order them for you.

This is a useful site recommended when I was having counselling http://www.llttf.com/

Thanks for all your comments :)
I have signed up for an aqua fit class at my local gym on Monday, gonna give it a go.. if i don't like it then i can at least say i gave it a try :) x

I have signed up for an aqua fit class at my local gym on Monday, gonna give it a go.. if i don't like it then i can at least say i gave it a try :) x

Yay well done go in with an open mind and positive vibe but its a huge step doing that so pleased for you.

Let us know how it goes

That's great to hear Hun. Aqua fit is one of my most enjoyable exercises and I don't like many lol xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm surprised no one mentioned 30 day shred on youtube. Only takes 25 minutes and if you haven't managed a sweat something is wrong. Have fun at the aqua aerobics, they have that class at the school near me and someone I know took it and enjoyed it very much. Let us know how you get on

being someone who also suffers from anxiety I would advise you to take the plunge and just go to the gym. I went last week on my own for the first time and not one person looked at me, they are all too busy with their own workouts. I was the only female in the gym, there were 6 or 7 males in at the time, and they were far too busy on the weights and one lad was on the X trainer, to take an interest in what I was doing. I thought the gym would be full of skinny people who were super fit but I was far from right. I must admit that I wouldn't attend the zumba class there, it is on after my sons karate class and they are always waiting outside, they are all very slim and the room has a full mirrored wall... I would not like to watch myself doing zumba!! lol x

Im a big fan of walking - its free, you dont need any special clothes & people wont look at you as you could be going anywhere! Plus you can see some lovely sights depending on where you go. I like to stick my mp3 player on & turn it up really loud so I cant even hear the thoughts in my head lol x

Im a big fan of walking - its free, you dont need any special clothes & people wont look at you as you could be going anywhere! Plus you can see some lovely sights depending on where you go. I like to stick my mp3 player on & turn it up really loud so I cant even hear the thoughts in my head lol x

This is so true everyone forgets walking its easiest thing to do and free

Hi

I also suffer from anxiety and depression and I find weekly zumba and bokwa classes really helpful. At the moment, my social life is non existent other than work so going to class and seeing one of two familiar faces there really helps me. I stay at the back of class and make sure I have lots of space on the back row, having people too close to me sets off my panic alarms when I'm already anxious so going to the gym where someone else can go on the tredmill next to me or even worse the other tredmill on the other side is out of the question which is why I have off peak membership :) zumba classes allow for this so it's perfect for people with anxiety issues.

Classes of any kind are ideal..... give aqua a go, it sounds brilliant :)

That said, exercise makes a huge difference and I always come back from class feeling much better and ready to face the week :)

I've been doing aqua fit in Mexico and I love it.

Also been bike riding here everyday and really miss having a bike now.

Also walking is good, I use the runkeeper app to track where I've walked, how long it took and how many calories I've burnt aswell as how many miles you've done. You can look at monthly stats too which I enjoy doing and sometimes try to beat my monthly target from month to month xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back