exercise ideas

Discussion in 'Exante' started by babystar31, 26 January 2011 Social URL.

1. babystar31

babystar31 Gold Member

What type of exercise do u all do? I dont have a wii fit or a kinect etc.....i dont get much tiem to myself being sinle parent etc so dont go gym. When the wee boy starts nursery in april i plan to hit the gym and zumba etc but til then im stuck. I have a rowing machine but its so monotonous. I need something more exciting.....lol x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Scarybush

Scarybush Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st2lb
    Current Weight:
    22st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I walk twice a day, and do ab exercises..haven't yet joined a gym..but looking into a few of them.. But just general easy exercises..I can do at home..

4. cybill

cybill Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(14.43%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    How old's your little boy? My daughter's now 16 months, and I do a lot of going out for walks with her. On days when she wants to walk too I do a lot of marking time on the spot, as she understandably doesn't walk as fast as I'd like to! I also will walk as far as she'll want to walk, and then put her in the pushchair and go for a longer walk at my speed too. I've found it works quite well for keeping her happy, entertained and interested, as well as getting me off my butt!

I've also just recently got my bike out to start doing that too, but I'm not yet confident enough to put her on the back. I have picked up a child bike seat off freecycle though, so once I've got a helmet for her then I'm hoping to do that too.

5. Allison66

Allison66 Member

Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    I have a couple of fitness dvd's which I really enjoy doing also just bought a cross trainer which Im also enjoying - Im petrified to join a gym tbh I also walk my two dogs a couple of times a week (hubby does the other days)

6. babystar31

babystar31 Gold Member

Rachel hes 3.....and we walk a LOT, every day but its not enough. His short legs dont move very fast and hes now too big for a buggy so its a bit of a nightmare lol. Our local beach has an outdoor gym/park which is fab (and free lol) so we go there sometimes but again i cant really go for it whilst keeping an eye on Sonny! Someone mentioned the 30day shred dvd last week....anyone know if its any good? xx

7. Terri22

Terri22 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Hey babe I've got a 4yr old and a hubbie who works nights so understand what you mean as when I get in from work in the evenings I can't go for a couple of hrs to the gym.

How about a couple of DVD's or if you have X-box I would strongly recommend EA Active - it is fantastic - pricey but I love it - is really like having a personal trainer!

8. Terri22

Terri22 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Ohhh another thought!!!! Skipping!

9. geegb

geegb Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    Hi, my hubby works abroad most weeks so when get in from work I don't have the time or energy to go to a gym. My kids are 6 and 3, walking the dig us great but the 3 year old drags his feet. Last summer we borrowed a bike trailer for him which was great - not only was trailing him behind me great exercise but it got us out cycling as a family. He is 4 in march and now too big for the trailer so the plan is to get a tag-a- long for the summer. If you've got a bike, why don't you check out eBay for a trailer or i think Costco in Edinburgh have them for £35ish.

10. geegb

geegb Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Exante
    I meant walking the dog is great!

11. cybill

cybill Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Current Weight:
    18st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(14.43%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Ah yes, 3 is a little old for the pushchair... I've got all that to come.
    Hmmm, hopefully some of the other's suggestions will be better for you :) Good luck xx

12. babystar31

babystar31 Gold Member

Thanks everyone! Well ive ordered the shred dvd to give a bash....trying to find a babysitter so i can go to zumba on a friday morning, and monday night is ladies night swimming at local pool so gonna try get to that too. x

13. cat (in hat)

cat (in hat) Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.88%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    skipping, hulahooping, running up n down stairs are good, no cost home exercises i think. maybe something with one of these big balls?

14. kenshin112

kenshin112 Gotta Make A Change

Diet:
    Total Solution
    Push ups, sit ups, squats, jogging, jump rope and shadow boxing :)

15. cat (in hat)

cat (in hat) Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(5.88%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    oh, and dancing!

"Each day I count wasted in which there has been no dancing" Nietzsche said it, so must be true.

16. Konvictz

Konvictz Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st10lb(20.99%)
    Diet:
    No diet just running and weight training.
    would recommend basic muscle building exercises...it will raise your metabolism and burn more fat...

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.