exercise ideas

babystar31

Gold Member
What type of exercise do u all do? I dont have a wii fit or a kinect etc.....i dont get much tiem to myself being sinle parent etc so dont go gym. When the wee boy starts nursery in april i plan to hit the gym and zumba etc but til then im stuck. I have a rowing machine but its so monotonous. I need something more exciting.....lol x

I walk twice a day, and do ab exercises..haven't yet joined a gym..but looking into a few of them.. But just general easy exercises..I can do at home..

How old's your little boy? My daughter's now 16 months, and I do a lot of going out for walks with her. On days when she wants to walk too I do a lot of marking time on the spot, as she understandably doesn't walk as fast as I'd like to! I also will walk as far as she'll want to walk, and then put her in the pushchair and go for a longer walk at my speed too. I've found it works quite well for keeping her happy, entertained and interested, as well as getting me off my butt!

I've also just recently got my bike out to start doing that too, but I'm not yet confident enough to put her on the back. I have picked up a child bike seat off freecycle though, so once I've got a helmet for her then I'm hoping to do that too.

I have a couple of fitness dvd's which I really enjoy doing also just bought a cross trainer which Im also enjoying - Im petrified to join a gym tbh I also walk my two dogs a couple of times a week (hubby does the other days)

Rachel hes 3.....and we walk a LOT, every day but its not enough. His short legs dont move very fast and hes now too big for a buggy so its a bit of a nightmare lol. Our local beach has an outdoor gym/park which is fab (and free lol) so we go there sometimes but again i cant really go for it whilst keeping an eye on Sonny! Someone mentioned the 30day shred dvd last week....anyone know if its any good? xx

Hey babe I've got a 4yr old and a hubbie who works nights so understand what you mean as when I get in from work in the evenings I can't go for a couple of hrs to the gym.

How about a couple of DVD's or if you have X-box I would strongly recommend EA Active - it is fantastic - pricey but I love it - is really like having a personal trainer!

Hi, my hubby works abroad most weeks so when get in from work I don't have the time or energy to go to a gym. My kids are 6 and 3, walking the dig us great but the 3 year old drags his feet. Last summer we borrowed a bike trailer for him which was great - not only was trailing him behind me great exercise but it got us out cycling as a family. He is 4 in march and now too big for the trailer so the plan is to get a tag-a- long for the summer. If you've got a bike, why don't you check out eBay for a trailer or i think Costco in Edinburgh have them for £35ish.

Thanks everyone! Well ive ordered the shred dvd to give a bash....trying to find a babysitter so i can go to zumba on a friday morning, and monday night is ladies night swimming at local pool so gonna try get to that too. x

Push ups, sit ups, squats, jogging, jump rope and shadow boxing :)

would recommend basic muscle building exercises...it will raise your metabolism and burn more fat...

Back