Exercise Ideas

debbielerwill

Hi, I have joined a gym and am aiming to go before work for an hour three times a week, what sorts of exercise would people recommend? I am extremely unfit mind you

Can u not get one of the gym staff to make you up a programme? I did that at the beginning of the year and find it much better than just doing my own thing. I do 30 mins of cardio - a mix of treadmill, cross trainer, bike or rowing - then some weights. I got shown what settings to put the machines on to benefit me so feel like i am actually achieving something now.

yep, not actually been yet and i joined a month ago, so will see what they say, did they class that as personal training or just help?

I've just joined my local gym, you can't use it until you have had an induction, which includes them showing you how to use and set up the weight machines and set you a programme to help you attain your goals! It's only the local council run gym nothing particularly fancy or expensive!

An induction is just to show you round and show you what the machines do. I'd advise a trainer though, they show you what to do and push you to do more each time. I've had one twice a week for half hour each time and I'm loving it, I never would have done so much I'd it wasnt for him. X

I'm setting myself another goal, to actually go to the gym by the end of the week.
Will make sure I get an induction and ask advice. Thanks all, will let you know how I get on x

U need to do a mix of cardio And weights! U burn more Cals that way! I would do intervals of cross trainer, weights machine, rower, weights machine etc! And try and mix it up every time u go else Ur body gets used to the exercise ur doing! I'm no professional just this is what my gym advised when I used to go! I exercise at home now!

thank you Sarah, i am doing a combat class on Saturday which is apparently a mix of both. Out of interest what is the rep count on your profile?

debbielerwill said:
thank you Sarah, i am doing a combat class on Saturday which is apparently a mix of both. Out of interest what is the rep count on your profile?

What do u mean by rep count?

on the left where the picture is there is rep power, quite a few people have got it on their profile and I wasn't sure what it was?

debbielerwill said:
on the left where the picture is there is rep power, quite a few people have got it on their profile and I wasn't sure what it was?

Not sure what mine is, I mainly do it on my phone! I think it's to do with how many times u post, and how many likes etc u get?

hmmmm... will wait and see then

Oooh have you heard of the 30 day shred? i m doin it now, its Jillian Michaels off the biggest loser, its hard but only 27 mins a day and I am losing inches!x

emsie220 said:
Oooh have you heard of the 30 day shred? i m doin it now, its Jillian Michaels off the biggest loser, its hard but only 27 mins a day and I am losing inches!x

I've done that, I didnt loose lb's but I did really tone up and loose a couple inches!

I'm on jillians other DVDs now 6 week 6 pack and buns and thighs! Those 2 r brutal! And more less boring than the shred one, u should try them after!

I've also got a kettlebells DVD coming called kettlercise with a kettlebell! Got it from eBay, its meant to be so effective, a 20 min workout = 1hr at the gym! A lady on minimins lost 3 dress sizes in 3 1/2 months, just doing that for exercise!

sarah88 said:
I've also got a kettlebells DVD coming called kettlercise with a kettlebell! Got it from eBay, its meant to be so effective, a 20 min workout = 1hr at the gym! A lady on minimins lost 3 dress sizes in 3 1/2 months, just doing that for exercise!

I'll have to have a look for this!

week 1 -7 1/2 lbs :)

If u go into the simply filling forum, there is another lady who just added a load of info about kettlebells to her diary, it's called fat to fit- my journey if u look there it has a load of info, also the listing for kettlercise for women on eBay also has a load of info and videos

sarah88 said:
If u go into the simply filling forum, there is another lady who just added a load of info about kettlebells to her diary, it's called fat to fit- my journey if u look there it has a load of info, also the listing for kettlercise for women on eBay also has a load of info and videos

Thank you! Will have a look now.

week 1 -7 1/2 lbs :)

Back