exercise - is this true

loopyloudrewitt

hey all just wondering is it true the more exercise u do the less weight u lose , i have started back walkin this week and plan on doing sit ups and maybe zumba for the wii once or twice a week . will this slow my weightloss as i would not like it to slow down cause i feel i could get disheartened xx thanks

That can't be true. This diet is also based on the calorie gap between intake of food and calories required to essentially live. Calories burned through exercise increase the gap so must benefit weight loss.

Not necessarily!!! This has been discussed a couple of time so i emailed LT and they said that if you are exercising and your loss slows thats because you are not drinking enough!!! If your exercising you have to up your water to compensate for the exercise!!! Interesting ey???

Its because you will become dehydrated and hold your water and thats why a lot of people lose less when they are exercising a lot!!! SO just keep hydrated sweetie....

Simples!!! Hope this clarifies for you hun!!! XXX

Muscles can still be built without loads of protein. Even the small amount of it in the shakes will contribute. And where new muscle is replacing the fat, the scales will show no loss. I love the gym and exercise classes that I got really into on slimming world but have made the decision not to go because I know I will get disheartened and give up. Also, as Deezer said, the body holds more water when you exercise. Xxx

Fascinating posts there. I'll be sure to drink more depending on my activity levels.

I'm not an exercise guru by any means but I'm pretty sure that exercise such as cardio (eg: brisk walking, jogging etc) will always burn fat before building muscle. People sometimes think that by doing exercise fat 'turns' into muscle but this is a complete myth, they are completely seperate. It's not easy to lose fat and gain muscle simultaneously. Most attempts to lose some weight are accompanied by a calorie reduction, but a calorie reduction is counter-productive to muscle gain as calories are vital for building muscle. xxxxxx

Just to add to this, my pharmacist told me to lay off the cardio stuff and concentrate on toning, reason being that Lipotrim makes our body burn fat at its maximum so it doesn't matter how much cardio you do to burn fat it won't make you burn any more. So therefore with or without the cardio we will still loose the maximum that our bodies can. Hope that makes sense! X

Interesting posts girls ty... This place really is a fount of all knowledge... just goes to show many heads together brings results! :) xx

I'm doing it really to prep me for goal.... My running programme is 10 weeks long.... so by xmas i shold be able to run for half an hour... So will stand me in good stead for when i'm eating again!!! Instead of starting the programme when i get to goal!!! X

Back