Total Solution Exercise on Exante

Purpleangel

Silver Member
are people exercising on this? i plan to do a bit (after i hit ketosis) but just read exercise can slow down weight loss on this programme?

Can u let me know what u r doing and if it is working :)

I would be doing cross-trainer

I plan on doing some, but just gentle. I have a treadmill and will do a brisk 2 mile walk on a slight incline 3 times a week to get my fitness levels up. I don't mind if it slows the pounds coming off slightly as I'm still doing myself good and I'm guessing it will help with toning and my overall health. I'll make sure I drink extra water on the days I do though.

Wii Fit Plus, Just Dance 3 and maybe a little crosstrainer for me (though I seriously doubt the last one hehe).

I don't understand how exercise can slow down weight loss tbh. I get that it might not exactly make you lose megapounds but slowing it down? Seems a little odd... Regardless, I shall continue making a complete tit out of myself in front of my cat when I stick Just Dance in and wobble around my living room like a crazy person
:D

yeah - i know what you mean :rolleyes: i want to tone it aswell as lose it....LOL

was wondering if any of the long termers (those over 2 weeks...hehe) can contribute their experience :D:D

Sorry Im not a long timer having just completed week 1. I did some walking but next week I am going to try and go to a couple of fitness classes. Dont want to over do it though as we arent on many calories a day so dont want to be fainting or anything.

I've never heard exercise can slow done weightloss. I hope not, I have a 2 miles round school run to do twice a day, pushing two kids in a big buggy. Really makes you pant! I have to do it though for work. I also have bought an exercise bike which I plan to use once I get into ketosis, and plenty of DVDs. Maybe I should be careful!

Hi guys on the topic of excercise (unsure of excercise slowing you down on this diet) sky channel 282 fitnesstv, Ladans Legs Bums n Tums is absolutley great. It has been recorded on my +plus box and I do it whenever it suits me. It burns and tones in the right places all at the same time.

Hi

It does actually say on the front of my shake packets (after the instructions to make the shake) to add 20 minutes of exercise daily for best results.

lindylou

Yup you are right it does advise exercise on the packets.
I'm walking the dog each day, simple but exercise where I don't feel like I'm actually making an effort to exercise if that makes sense. My fiancée actually brought me the puppy as a means to keep me mobile and force me to walk him every day or I'd prob be in a wheelchair right now

I think the 'exercise slows weight loss down' is a bit of a half-truth. If you exercise, particularly if you're heavy to start with and do weight bearing exercise, you will start to build up muscles. Since muscle is denser than fat, 1lb of muscle is much smaller than 1lb of fat. So, if you start to build up muscle, you'll be smaller and toned, but not as light as if you didn't build up your muscle. It's why all the England rugby team are classified as overweight and half as obese, if you go by standard BMI charts (though tell Johnny Wilkinson that and run away...very fast!)

If you build say 2lb of muscle in a week of exercise but lose 8lbs a week of fat, your net loss would be 6lbs, instead of 8lbs if you did no exercise. However, presumably we want to be fit and toned as well, right?

Well said knitnat, this is what i thought, i could not understand why people were advising against it, i want to loose the fat but i want to be toned and fit,so if this means i loose the fat but i gain some pounds in lean muscle i dont mind, however i did post a thread regarding exercise and one of the posts states that they started at the gym and had no weight loss for 8wks, so this did worry me a little so still not sure what to do, i mite contact customer support at exante and see what they say or speak to someone at my local gym to get some advice.

It was me that replied to you post hun and I totally loved the gym if you read my diary you will see I used to go three hours a day when I asked my trainer he explained that because I was burning much more than I was eating my body in effect went into starvation mode so in turn held on to everything it took in add to that the building of muscle I can honestly say that from the time I joined in June to when I left in September I didn't lose a single ounce! And I have my little exante booklets that show 12.7 repeated over and over lol

However just the same as the add a meal week I do think it's personal choice at the end of the day :D

Just had a look and if you look from page 16 onwards on my diary you will see what I mean chick xx

Thanks Shellreed2011.Would you suggest then given the advice you were given by your trainer that i maybe just stick to doing 45mins cardio three times a wk and 2 day weights like i was doing before christmas, or should i just leave off the gym until i reach my goal then go to the gym to tone up and build a bit of muscle?

I would go Hun but try and stick to 30/40 mins a day just untill you get near your goal or maybe after a few weeks up the time so maybe 30/40 mins for the first two week then up it to an hour for two weeks and do it like that you know just start slowly and work it up I just dived in head first lol

Reading what you were doing before Xmas I would say that would be fine Hun xx

Exante say 30 mins is ok anyway

Thanks babez :) x

Anytime hunny I know how addictive the gym can be lol

Back