Exercise Question

Redkoala

Go on smile! =)
Atm i am doing like 30mins on treadmill at incline 10-15 and speed of about 5.5 then im using the crosstrainer for 10mins bike with level 8 setting for 10mins and 10mins on the rower. Does this seem like an ok workout for loosing weight and burning fat?

Was reading something on the machine and it said something like fatburn setting but you need to keep your hands on the handle for it to record your heartrate. Problem is it never goes about 6incline and about 4 speed when i do that. What would you sugguest?

You need your heartrate to be between 110 - 130 to be in the hallowed fat-burning range. Alas the incline and speed are meaningless to me because such settings are arbitrarily chosen by the manufacturer. If you're having trouble with the heartrate monitor built in to the treadmill I suggest buying a standalone one which can be worn around your chest or your wrist while you exercise so that you've got an accurate measurement and can still exercise comfortably.

So long as you're breathing hard (but could still carry on a conversation if need be) and sweating like a bugger you should be in about the right heartrate range. Too little sweat and you're not quite there. Breathing too hard and you've started exercising anaerobically, which is no good for burning fat.

An hour's exercise a day should be great, and burn off at least 400 calories. Just don't then go eat a Mars bar ;)

Back