Exercise, what do you do?

I downloaded the couch to 5k about 3 weeks ago and haven't got the courage up to actually croos the street to park to do it. But I just signed up for a race for life 5k in July so I had better get on with it! Bring it on! I have never run a step before but worth a try to shift this weight.

I downloaded the couch to 5k about 3 weeks ago and haven't got the courage up to actually croos the street to park to do it. But I just signed up for a race for life 5k in July so I had better get on with it! Bring it on! I have never run a step before but worth a try to shift this weight.

Good luck - I'd really like to keep up to date with your progress.

Good luck! I started couch to 5k about 15 months ago, and now I can run 20 miles non stop! Small beginnings, and so worth it. Keep a diary - I did and it makes me so happy to look back and see how far I've come!

Oh thank you for the encouragement! It's just what I needed today! Right couch to 5k here I come!

done allsots zumba water running jogging cycling (sledging in winter) always looking for something new to keep it interesting

i attempted to walk and try a bit of running a few weeks ago 2 or 3 times a week, that slightly went off track but i got the 30 day shred dvd and do that 3/4 times and after my first week doing it my looses crept from 1/1.5lb a week up to 4lb.

Good job Louizey, it's a nice feeling when you find an exercise you enjoy that works so well isn't it.

i do zumba twice a week but iv also started polefit. and iv got to say after only a few week im looking a lot more toned. especially in my arms and legs.

Hi girls thought I'd update I started couch to 5k last week! Well its goibg ok! I haven't exercised in 8yrs and carry a hefty 15 st 7lbs so it is very hard work! But I'm doing it! Take the baby in pushchair and go straight to park from school drop off in morning (puts a new spin on doing the school run!). I completed week 1 four times and today tackled week 2! It's tough but i'm determined! If ur thinking about doing it - do! It's free, u can do it any where and its only half hr each time!

well done kaz, I'm going out with some friends tonight to get them started on the couch to 5k, we've all signed up for Race for Life in May x

Like zoerunsfaster I did it a year ago and now run with a running club, not so far as Zoe (thats amazing!) but signed up for a 5k, 10k and half marathon this year. Definitely doable and highly addictive!

well done kaz, I'm going out with some friends tonight to get them started on the couch to 5k, we've all signed up for Race for Life in May x

Like zoerunsfaster I did it a year ago and now run with a running club, not so far as Zoe (thats amazing!) but signed up for a 5k, 10k and half marathon this year. Definitely doable and highly addictive!

Uh oh....you know where a half marathon leads, don't you?! You'll be doing a full marathon before you know it!

ah we'll see Zoe! I'm looking forward to getting some races under my belt x

love running with my little dog, might like to try canicross sometime x

Oh no no marathons for me half or otherwise! But I am signed up for race for life in July so bring it on! But dreading wi tomorrow. Everyone tells me u don't loose when u start exercise and I have been on and off scales all week and it seems they r right :(. I have been an angel on the eating front too!

Back