Exercise

Becca Wecca

skinny minny here I come!
Do people follow the diet and lose well without exercising? i'm really not a fan of exercising! think it's because i'm too unfit and get worn out after 5 mins!

I have started to walk to work and back each day which is around 40 minutes. Would this be enough?

Why not try and achieve some Body Magic awards hun? I currently don't do any real exercise but am starting to work towards my B/M awards x

If it's more than you were doing before then it's a good start.

As time goes by do a bit more and then a bit more and as DD says work towards Body Magic awards and you'll feel great xx

I'm quite relectant to do lots of exersice as well! I've started going to a class at the gym with a friend once a week (makes it a lot easier to go if your going with a friend!), and ive been encouraging patients at my work to go out for walks with me (for both our benefits of course lol!), but thats kind of it! I'm a student doing unpaid placement, night work at a pub and sundays as a receptionist...any spare time I have I dont really want to spend it sweating!!

I'm trying to get in 2 workouts a week, and some walking...but thats really all im prepared to do right now, and at the moment the 2 work outs is more like one, with about one walk a week lol.. x

Sorry to 'borrow' the thread:

Philly, have you thought about getting a pedometer to measure how much walking you do while working in the pub? I reckon you'd be amazed by how much exercise you already do.

Actually on that note Becca, I used to have a pedometer and have one on order now. I used to set myself a challenge of doing more than the previous day. Even if it meant walking around my flat while reading a book or listening to music.

If you do decide to get one, check reviews first as many are absolute rubbish xxx

I have had good losses in the past without exercising but for me I know I need to start as it would help to speed up weight loss and help to maintain in the future. I am going to aim for my body magic awards and will start very low.

I think any exercise is a good start and if you were doing nothing before then anything is an improvement.

I know I hate exercise at the mo and am only going to start at 5 mins a day as otherwise I know I will give up - so what you are doing is a great place to start.

Sorry to 'borrow' the thread:

Philly, have you thought about getting a pedometer to measure how much walking you do while working in the pub? I reckon you'd be amazed by how much exercise you already do.

Thats a good point! I have thought about buying a pedometer before but not to monitor how much I do at the pub! It can get very busy and especially at weekends I can be running around and even breaking into a sweat! I do feel like a lot of the time I should be loosing weight from working, but I dont seem to lol! Although now im eating better maybe it will help! :)

I haven't got a proper exercise routine I follow, but weather permitting I cycle to work which is 4 miles & in the evening I sometimes go for a walk, listening to music or a book on my ipod makes it easier.

Well done walking to work is a great way to start your exercising, once you start to feel fitter you will probably find you want to add more exercise into your plan. keep up the good work :)

Any exercise is better than none at all so carry on walking. We tend to get bogged down in the idea that exercise has to mean pulling on some lycra and hitting the gyn, but there are loads of fun ways to increase your activity. Walking the dog, dancing, swimming, golf, ice-skating with the kids, even doing the housework all get you up and moving about.

I used to absolutely hate 'exercise'. I always felt I was forcing myself to do things I wasn't really enjoying. However, I've found the joys of Wii Fit. I know it is a bit of an outlay to get the Balance Board and game, but honestly, it's really opened my mind up to the idea of exercise being fun! And you can do it for as little as 10 minutes a day.

Some of the games on there give you a really good workout without you really noticing, and it keeps you motivated by making you want to beat your last score.

I'm now in week four of my Bronze Body Magic Challenge - all through doing the Wii Fit Plus - and I'm really looking forward to getting that award next week. In fact I went out and bought a pre-owned copy of the EA Sports Active game today, and really looking forward to starting my first 30 day challenge on there.

I think I've found that what is really important to me where 'exercise' is concerned to to make it about having fun, rather than making it a chore.

I'd recommend the Wii fit Plus if you have a Wii and can afford the initial outlay. (and no, I don't work for Nintendo! lol)

Oh Foxy! Be prepared to not be able to come down stairs after the first 2 days on EASA! Having said that, it was the best thing I ever did! ( you probably need to get a blue resistance band from ebay tho)At 59 I have gone from exercise hating couch potato to being able to sail through Davinas latest dvd and wonder why anyone would think it was hard! :D (it was rented from Lovefilm)This is through Sports active and also I've started the Biggest Loser which has rekindled my interest. I found EASA totally changed my shape, tho it slowed my losses for 4 weeks. I think I am probably fitter now than I have ever been, including when I went to the gym. And all done in the living room!

Do people follow the diet and lose well without exercising? i'm really not a fan of exercising! think it's because i'm too unfit and get worn out after 5 mins!

I have started to walk to work and back each day which is around 40 minutes. Would this be enough?

You say your don't like exercising, then you say that you are walking 40 minutes a day. So what's that if it's not exercise?? :)

Sounds good to me. And the more you do, the fitter you will get, and the easier it will become. As other people have said here, exercise doesn't necessarily mean the gym or jogging, it just means getting off our backsides and moving a bit more.

And you have already begun to do that, so well done you!

I used to absolutely hate 'exercise'. I always felt I was forcing myself to do things I wasn't really enjoying. However, I've found the joys of Wii Fit. I know it is a bit of an outlay to get the Balance Board and game, but honestly, it's really opened my mind up to the idea of exercise being fun! And you can do it for as little as 10 minutes a day.

Some of the games on there give you a really good workout without you really noticing, and it keeps you motivated by making you want to beat your last score.

I'm now in week four of my Bronze Body Magic Challenge - all through doing the Wii Fit Plus - and I'm really looking forward to getting that award next week. In fact I went out and bought a pre-owned copy of the EA Sports Active game today, and really looking forward to starting my first 30 day challenge on there.

I think I've found that what is really important to me where 'exercise' is concerned to to make it about having fun, rather than making it a chore.

I'd recommend the Wii fit Plus if you have a Wii and can afford the initial outlay. (and no, I don't work for Nintendo! lol)

This is really good to know as I hadn't heard of it before. I will get one ASAP to help with my progress (which is toooo sloooooow). Thanks!!!

Oh Foxy! Be prepared to not be able to come down stairs after the first 2 days on EASA! Having said that, it was the best thing I ever did! ( you probably need to get a blue resistance band from ebay tho)At 59 I have gone from exercise hating couch potato to being able to sail through Davinas latest dvd and wonder why anyone would think it was hard! :D (it was rented from Lovefilm)This is through Sports active and also I've started the Biggest Loser which has rekindled my interest. I found EASA totally changed my shape, tho it slowed my losses for 4 weeks. I think I am probably fitter now than I have ever been, including when I went to the gym. And all done in the living room!

Fab!!!! Well done you.... I'll be hot on your heels soon.

I've really got the 'exercise' bug now, and can't wait to see my body shape changing. I'm hoping my OH will exercise with me as I think you can have two people particpating at the same time? So I'd better head over to ebay for a blue band and another leg strap! lol

You could try something different. I do burlesque and pole dancing, both are really good workouts, but don't actually seem like 'exercise'.

Back