exercise

faithandcooper

Hi all,

The question is to exercise or not on SS/810 plan? I found that on the week I done a lot of cross trainer I only lost 1 3/4lbs then I did no exercise and managed to lose 4 lbs? Wondered if the exercise stops the weight loss? I really wanna exercise as I want to tone my legs in time for my holiday in May but I dont want it to have a negative effect on my weigh in as then I may give up completely. Any advise is much appreciated.....sorry to go on a bit.

ok

i would exercise but be selective. you say you want to tone your legs. so... do squats and lunges. don't do cardio.

i've exercised from day 1 on ss and did so last time. at the moment i do the gym twice a week for the bike and running and the tread climber. i swim 4 times a week with either my daughter or son. then i do 2 classes a pilates and a body pump one. i'm going to start running to school to pick up my daughter from friday and i'll be buying a running stroller soon. so in comparison i'm fairly active.

Gentle exercise is fine (health rather than weight loss). Not too much cardio. Focus on resistance which wont have a metabolic problem until you are further up the plans :)

BTW, you can't 'tone' when on a diet I'm afraid, but resistance will help retain lean mass as you lose fat :)

Can I ask why cardio exercise is bad for you? I can't see how that is possible. I'm gutted! I've just spent an hour in the gym and I am going three times a week.

I'm so so baffled by all of this.

it's not bad for you at all. what can happen is that you can become dizzy. just drink plenty of water. i was on ss when i was running up to 7 miles. after that i had to move up to the 810 as by then my weight was lower and i basically couldn't function on ss whilst running anymore. running 7 miles burns around 800 to 1000 calories a time. ss was 500 odd whatever it was on 4 shakes a day. i was running 3 miles, 5 miles then 7 miles in one week also doing the gym twice a week too.

just a bit of cardio is not going to harm you but you must listen to your body and stop if you feel strange. basic advice for anyone really.

i developed excellent muscle definition whilst running and doing weights on ss.

Can I ask why cardio exercise is bad for you? I can't see how that is possible. I'm gutted! I've just spent an hour in the gym and I am going three times a week.

I'm so so baffled by all of this.

It's not that it's bad for you, just not very helpful when it comes to weightloss.

When you do a lot of cardio, your body will need a quick energy, and you wont have enough fuel ready for that. So, if you push yourself too much, it'll use muscle for it's fuel.

Of course, you don't want to be losing muscle as muscle keeps the metabolism going good and strong. Losing lean mass via too much cardio can cause the metabolism to slow.

It's hard to say exactly how much you should do as it will depend on what you are used to, how much you are pushing yourself, what type of cardio etc.

But, resistance will help retain lean mass, so it's much safer unless you are being guided by a qualified trainer who happens to know a fair bit about exercising on a VLCD.

muscle!!! weighs more than fat!!

muscle!!! weighs more than fat!!

muscle does not weigh more than fat!!!!

1lb of fat weighs the same as 1lb of muscle.

the density is different.

fat takes up 3 times the amount of space in your body than lean tissue muscle.

p.s it's one of my pet hates :D

Last edited:
Back