Exercise?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by 16to10, 17 August 2010 Social URL.

1. 16to10

16to10 Now Maintaining :)

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    8st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st1lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(30.25%)
    Diet:
    Was on Cambridge Diet
    How much exercise do/should you do whilst on the Cambridge diet? Does it really affect your weight loss if you don't exercise?

I am following the ss+ plan.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. DappyMare

DappyMare Girl on a mission

Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    depends what exercise you plan to do...too much cardio can actually slow your losses, so best of sticking to resistance training as we're on so few calories, i just do wii sports and just dance at moment lol...as plan to use exercise as my way to maintain:)

4. domino

domino Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I'm sure one of our resident experts (consultants) will be along soon to explain better than I. But I didn't want to read and run....so for what it's worth.

You don't have to do exercise on the CWP - it being a VLCD will give you the results you're looking for without that. I don't know if exercise slows the weight loss down (someone out there will know the science behind a CWP and exercise).

I've always understood that if you did exercise beforehand, then you could continue - but to be careful and to listen to your body. Meaning, if by exercising you feel unwell in anyway, then you should stop. Some will say that exercising increases their appetite (not a good thing when trying to control the hunger pangs, but it's a trade off).

So, if you're not the exercising type (or at least you're not at the moment), then don't worry - just let Cambridge do it's thing :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.