Exercise?

16to10

Now Maintaining :)
How much exercise do/should you do whilst on the Cambridge diet? Does it really affect your weight loss if you don't exercise?

I am following the ss+ plan.

depends what exercise you plan to do...too much cardio can actually slow your losses, so best of sticking to resistance training as we're on so few calories, i just do wii sports and just dance at moment lol...as plan to use exercise as my way to maintain:)

I'm sure one of our resident experts (consultants) will be along soon to explain better than I. But I didn't want to read and run....so for what it's worth.

You don't have to do exercise on the CWP - it being a VLCD will give you the results you're looking for without that. I don't know if exercise slows the weight loss down (someone out there will know the science behind a CWP and exercise).

I've always understood that if you did exercise beforehand, then you could continue - but to be careful and to listen to your body. Meaning, if by exercising you feel unwell in anyway, then you should stop. Some will say that exercising increases their appetite (not a good thing when trying to control the hunger pangs, but it's a trade off).

So, if you're not the exercising type (or at least you're not at the moment), then don't worry - just let Cambridge do it's thing :D

Back