Exercise?!?!

Shakes84

:character00115:

soooo.... im currently on day 4 & i know i should start doing some exercise soon so i was wondering what everyone else is doing.

is there a recommended amount? should i be working out everyday? just trying to get a general idea & get some ideas to steal really!! lol :D

:whacky068:

Just listen to your body, only do what u can cope with...

I exercise everyday at the gym but I know when I have had enough, and I have a steam and jacuzzi instead

Good luck Hun xx

thanks amanda. i havent started anything yet this week. i thought id get through week one first but i'll be starting on saturday. i'll prob get on the wii to start with and go from there. i used to go to the gym but im just not confident enough at the moment :eek: silly i know but my local gym is full of beefcakes and gym bunnies. im happy sweating it out at home at the moment. but one of my long term goals is to get back into the gym!! :D

I train at curves 3 times a week and have started last week again. I felt great afterwards so am continuing to do so.

I exercise every day without fail... I go into the dining room and turn the computer on, and i turn it off in the evenings!! That's enough exercise i think....

I admire people who exercise cos i am Waynetta Slob!! x x

hahaha Su :8855:

well i am a fan of the just dance games on the wii so i'll probably start there and see how it goes.

i was sort of checking if exercise is a "must" to lose weight or if it is just a bonus? :)

I exercise every day without fail... I go into the dining room and turn the computer on, and i turn it off in the evenings!! That's enough exercise i think....

I admire people who exercise cos i am Waynetta Slob!! x x

What happened to the zumba Su? You were quite getting into it at one point......

I will go again once i restart lT.. I bought the Zumba Fitness pack from Argos, with workout dvds and toning sticks with it.... The box looks great sitting in my dining room gathering dust!! lol

Well done you on getting back to the gym, and if i read correctly you are planning a home workout this weekend!!! lol x x

That's the plan! Bit nervous actually, don't usually go this long without doing it if you know what I mean:eek:

D'you think I'd be able to do zumba? my sister wants me to go with her but I think it's a bit soon as I still need my walking stick some of the time......x

It can be quite energetic, but you really do go at your own pace.. Having said that, the moves change quick so you need to keep at a relatively fast pace just to keep up... If i were you i would wait at least until you can manage without your stick... Blimey babes, you have hardly been out of hospital 2 minutes after having a major op and you want to go hop, skip and jumping!! lol

Search it on you tube, have a look and see what you think.. The classes (here anyway) are an hour long... If you are still keen, could you not ask if you could go and maybe watch one so you can see for yourself how you think you would cope? x x x

Let me know what you decide x x

I know......but I just can't wait to be fit again! Will google zumba, probably would look a bit of a tw*t trying to do it with my stick .....x

OMG, just googled zumba ....I am sooooo not yet ready to do that:sigh:

OMG, just googled zumba ....I am sooooo not yet ready to do that:sigh:

LOL!!! It really does not have to be quite as energetic as they show.... Going by your previous record of fitness and physical activity i wouldn't mind betting that you will be able to do it no problem when you are fully recovered x x

Su, if I simply put my arms above my head I'd lose my balance and fall over.......I need a couple more months I reckon.....though I did see a zumba class for 'older' people, guess I might qualify for that unless they've been 'cocooned'!

Question - will exercise make you loose quicker or more?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Maybe not whilst doing this diet, but it's really good for your health in general :) I exercise regularly (always have done regardless of weight), and do 2 strength classes and 3 cardio classes a week. I also walk the dog and am generally active on top of that. I was still only losing about 3lb a week though, whereas others doing zero exercise were losing more. It depends on your body as well. We're all individual, and will react differently. I don't tend to lose weight really quickly, but don't gain it really quickly either :) xx

Back