Exercise

Kommal

I start with my 4th week. Cheated after the 1st week. But after that have reached the 4th week today without. Cheating at all. Ive lost so far 6 kgs and am loosing weight on my body except my big fat hips... The problem area. I dont do any form of exercise and sit most of the times. Will i loose weight on my hips being on SOLE SOURCE CD

Yes - it has to budge eventually even if you were in bed all day (although you might end up losing more slowly than someone who was up and about). However, all VLCDs recommend that at the very least you walk 5 miles a day (you probably walk about 2 miles a day without noticing) you should try to get moving a teensy bit, even if it's just v gently for 30 mins a day.

Hey cerulean thanx a million. My consultant didnt tell me about it. Infact she was pretty ok with the idea of me not exercising. Btw where r u from n whats ur goal.

Hi Kommal - a quick forum tip - for most people, you just need to look at the column under my name to see the answers to those questions! I'm from London and I want to get under a BMI of 22. Also the booklets you should have got at the beginning have lots of additional information as does the CWP website.

Hello Cerulean

Can you tell me what you did differently between week 10 and 11 as your weight loss jumped from 0.5lbs to 8lbs.

Thank you

Hi - if you read the very back of your weigh in card, Cambridge explain this in the sentence that says 'Some weeks you will plateau' I give this diet 100% week in week out, it doesn't matter if you drink 2.5 or 5 litres of water or hike down a mountain, you average 3.5lbs a week. Average. The scales do whatever they feel like when they feel like it but they alwats go down eventually. If you readmy blog youcan see my daily weigh-ins.

there's no right or wrong to exercise on a VLCD. you don't need to do any exercise but it is beneficial to you if you do. you do not need to walk 5 miles a day/a week/a month/a year. this is wrong information - nothing is recommended other than if you are new to exercise you take it very easy, if you are used to exercise you modify it until your body is used to the altered fuel source!

I beg to differ, but it definitely mentions being on a VLCD at the bottom of that page so it's not for maintenance only.

• It is recommended that no exercise beyond gentle walking be undertaken in the first two weeks of Step 1. Your body will need this time to adjust to being on a VLCD.
  • After the initial two week period, gentle to moderate intensity exercise* can be undertaken whilst on Step 1, providing that it is approached with caution and not done with excess.

Back