Exercise

SamB

Hi, I just wondered does exercise make any difference to weekly weight loss? I know it says 20 mins on packet but I haven't started doing any yet! Would it quicken the weight loss if I added some?

Sam:D

Hi Sam,

I'd recommend getting through week 1 first, especially if you haven't done a lot of exercise before starting on the diet.

After the first week of being on the diet, you will be in ketosis and then any calories burned will help with the weight loss.

But you need to realise that muscle weighs more than fat and if you build muscle you may STS or even slightly gain on the scales. So it's important to take measurements as well and you may STS or gain on the scales but your body will change shape and you will lose it in inches :D

Thanks for that I have just started week 3, lost 14lbs so far which is great, but I know from past experience that I tend to fall down this week once the losses slow!!!

Yeah sorry Sam, I noticed you weren't on week 1 after I posted :D

For measurement locations, the best ones are as follows; neck, upper arm, chest, waist, hips, thigh and calf.

Basically if your body is burning more calories than it's consuming, you will lose weight.

You are only consuming 600 calories a day, well below what your body needs on a daily basis to maintain.

If you add in light exercise (break into a sweat) 1-3 days a week you would be looking at around an extra 200-300 calories a day that your body would need to burn each day.

Here is an example of the daily calories I need;

2160 (BMR) x 1.2 (little or no exercise) = 2592 daily calories (even if I stayed in bed all day)

2160 (BMR) x 1.375 (light exercise 1-3 days)= 2970 daily calories

So if I'm only consuming 600 calories yet my body needs 2970 each day (2370 more than I'm consuming), it's going to burn the fat stored instead through ketosis.

Does this help?

Back