• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

exercise?

nettie

Gold Member
Morning everyone,
Just a quick question..
How much exercise does everyone do each week and has this helped with possible loose skin?
I want to lose 85lbs but I'm worried about having loose skin.
I have a treadmill and plan to do 30 minutes a day, a few days ago I did 100 squats and I have one of those twisty boards that you stand on (dont know the real name) and did 200 twists. yesterday i could hardly walk or bend! but that's good I suppose?
I was looking at my dog this morning and I just know that I could get so much more exercise if i take her for a walk everyday but i can't bring myself to pick up her poop... sorry I know some of you may be eating breakfast!
Anyway, I'm going on here so any advice or tips would be great :D
Thanks x

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Rosielea

Gold Member
I walk for at least 30 min 2-3 times a week. Also do walk 1-2 miles with Leslie Sansone on youtube. Whenever I can I do a few stretches even sitting on the settee like bring up my knees to my chest and side kicks. I recently started SW and after 3 weeks on the plan and doing exercise I feel that I am losing inches and my skin is getting tighter.
I am aiming to lose 4-5 stone so got a long way to go but combined with exercise I am sure it will make it easier. I really want to do zumba but have to work towards it gradually.
The recommendation is 30 minutes exercise 5 times a week.
Good luck with the plan

nettie

Gold Member
They do zumba at my work but I dont have any coordination at all!

I am now going to aim for 30minutes 5 times a week. I've just got a few apps on my iphone with workouts and going to challenge myself to go for it!

Huffpot

I'm going to try zumba with a friend even though I have no co-ordination either - i figure it'll be a laugh :)

I normally walk at least 30 minutes a day with my double buggy(have 2 little boys)
I have a cross trainer/exercise bike but its finding the energy when the kids go to sleep or to get up before them

I also have learnt to swim last year and am still going for a half hour lesson every week

I worry about excess skin too - I've nearly lost my first stone but still have about 6 to go!

nodge

I really think you should give Zumba a try :) take a friend and give it a go. I know a Zumba instructor and she always says how many people who think they can't do it, come once and they can't keep them away after that!

Chipmunk89

but you can call me Toni!
I really think you should give Zumba a try :) take a friend and give it a go. I know a Zumba instructor and she always says how many people who think they can't do it, come once and they can't keep them away after that!

I'd definitely recommend Zumba. I started last summer, way before I started SW and I love it. I'm so lazy sometimes and I thought I'd only last a couple of sessions but I'm still going now - once a week at least, twice if I can make it. I'm not very good but it's lots of fun even though it is hard work .

When everyone is dancing no one really pays much attention to anyone but the instructor anyway... though it is good to go with a friend and you can have a good giggle at each other!

bevhunter1986

Silver Member
Chipmunk89 said:
I'd definitely recommend Zumba. I started last summer, way before I started SW and I love it. I'm so lazy sometimes and I thought I'd only last a couple of sessions but I'm still going now - once a week at least, twice if I can make it. I'm not very good but it's lots of fun even though it is hard work .

When everyone is dancing no one really pays much attention to anyone but the instructor anyway... though it is good to go with a friend and you can have a good giggle at each other!

Yep im a bit pants at this but I come out hot, sweaty and feel better for burning a 'few' calories if nothing else x

alwyn

Silver Member
I'm just about to start 30 Day Shred (again!). I find I stick to exercise better if I do it in the morning, then I can come hone and feel smug that I've already worked out!