exercise?

nettie

Gold Member
Morning everyone,
Just a quick question..
How much exercise does everyone do each week and has this helped with possible loose skin?
I want to lose 85lbs but I'm worried about having loose skin.
I have a treadmill and plan to do 30 minutes a day, a few days ago I did 100 squats and I have one of those twisty boards that you stand on (dont know the real name) and did 200 twists. yesterday i could hardly walk or bend! but that's good I suppose?
I was looking at my dog this morning and I just know that I could get so much more exercise if i take her for a walk everyday but i can't bring myself to pick up her poop... sorry I know some of you may be eating breakfast!
Anyway, I'm going on here so any advice or tips would be great :D
Thanks x

I walk for at least 30 min 2-3 times a week. Also do walk 1-2 miles with Leslie Sansone on youtube. Whenever I can I do a few stretches even sitting on the settee like bring up my knees to my chest and side kicks. I recently started SW and after 3 weeks on the plan and doing exercise I feel that I am losing inches and my skin is getting tighter.
I am aiming to lose 4-5 stone so got a long way to go but combined with exercise I am sure it will make it easier. I really want to do zumba but have to work towards it gradually.
The recommendation is 30 minutes exercise 5 times a week.
Good luck with the plan

They do zumba at my work but I dont have any coordination at all!

I am now going to aim for 30minutes 5 times a week. I've just got a few apps on my iphone with workouts and going to challenge myself to go for it!

I'm going to try zumba with a friend even though I have no co-ordination either - i figure it'll be a laugh :)

I normally walk at least 30 minutes a day with my double buggy(have 2 little boys)
I have a cross trainer/exercise bike but its finding the energy when the kids go to sleep or to get up before them

I also have learnt to swim last year and am still going for a half hour lesson every week

I worry about excess skin too - I've nearly lost my first stone but still have about 6 to go!

I really think you should give Zumba a try :) take a friend and give it a go. I know a Zumba instructor and she always says how many people who think they can't do it, come once and they can't keep them away after that!

I really think you should give Zumba a try :) take a friend and give it a go. I know a Zumba instructor and she always says how many people who think they can't do it, come once and they can't keep them away after that!

I'd definitely recommend Zumba. I started last summer, way before I started SW and I love it. I'm so lazy sometimes and I thought I'd only last a couple of sessions but I'm still going now - once a week at least, twice if I can make it. I'm not very good but it's lots of fun even though it is hard work .

When everyone is dancing no one really pays much attention to anyone but the instructor anyway... though it is good to go with a friend and you can have a good giggle at each other!

Chipmunk89 said:
I'd definitely recommend Zumba. I started last summer, way before I started SW and I love it. I'm so lazy sometimes and I thought I'd only last a couple of sessions but I'm still going now - once a week at least, twice if I can make it. I'm not very good but it's lots of fun even though it is hard work .

When everyone is dancing no one really pays much attention to anyone but the instructor anyway... though it is good to go with a friend and you can have a good giggle at each other!

Yep im a bit pants at this but I come out hot, sweaty and feel better for burning a 'few' calories if nothing else x

I'm just about to start 30 Day Shred (again!). I find I stick to exercise better if I do it in the morning, then I can come hone and feel smug that I've already worked out!

Back