exercise

Hi
I joined a gym last year (nov) - been going regularly 4 times a week - mostly slow (very slow!) jogging for 30 minutes - usually walk 1 min then jog 4 mins, heart rate goes to about 120; question is is it ok to continue this? I've been to gym twice since starting this week and actually feel great - however dont fancy keeling over or anything!
Cheers
Stu

I think with VLCDs they recommend not doing any exercise that's too strenuous and not starting to exercise in the first 2 weeks but seeing as you have been doing this for quite some time there should be no reason not to continue. Just be careful and stop if you start feeling dizzy or unwell in any way. I know there are several people on here who do quite a bit of exercise and I'm sure they'll be along to reassure you soon! I'm planning to start going swimming and getting back on my exercise bike next week as my first couple of weeks are over

I NEVER exercised before but about 15 weeks into vlcd, I felt strong enough to try. For about 8 weeks now, I manage 30mins to 1 hour cardio and I swim as well. I have started upping my protein though :)

I NEVER exercised before but about 15 weeks into vlcd, I felt strong enough to try. For about 8 weeks now, I manage 30mins to 1 hour cardio and I swim as well. I have started upping my protein though :)

I started with a personal trainer Tuesday. I told him all about the diet and the calories im taking in. It's now Thursday night and I'm in so much pain lol. I'm so unfit! I was dead on my fit after Tuesday's session. Had to stop 10 mins early as I thought I was gonna be sick! Spent all evening curled up in a ball on the bed lol. Hasn't stopped me tho. He's fab felt really at ease with him. Just hope he can help me tone up . I've gotta do at least one other thing a week so gonna take up swimming I think.

You may need to cut down for the first couple of weeks. See how you feel. Have a bar with you in case you need to eat. You might be ok - if not you'll be able to build up back to where you are now after a few weeks.

I stuck to the same exercise for the first 5 weeks or so- I walk a lot for work, up to 8 miles a day, I have to do it no way of cutting it down! Then about 5 or 6 weeks in I did an aerobics class at the gym and I've rarely felt so ill. I loved it, I really miss aerobics, but when I started the instructor said this will burn 700 cals and i though uh oh that's more than I eat. I really go for it when I do stuff like that, and all weekend and most of the week after I felt so ill. I ate tons, I felt heinous and it took me till now really to get over it. I was being so good till then.

I won't be doing anything so strenous till I finish S&S, I'm terrified of doing that to myself again. I do plan to go back to that same class when I finish though, I did love it when I was doing it, it was only that evening and the few days after that I was affected.

Back