Exercise??

Kirsti87

do you exercise?
i go to Zumba 2x a week and every morning for an hour i do kinnect exercise plus a couple nights a week i do the zumba on kinnect.
i keep getting told it doesnt matter if i exercise or not but i feel the benefit of it?

just interested to see anyone else was the same?

I do a few different things, but just need to get myself into a routine of doing them for exercise to become a habit...

I do 2 different fitness DVDs (I finds it helps me to change up a workout) - I try to do these once a week each
I walk for at least 45 mins a day at a moderate pace
I do Wii Fit Active Trainer twice a week

I adore swimming and I am hoping to start the swimming club at the end of this month :)

I originally got to target losing nearly 2.5 stones with out doing any exercise. I'm now trying to do more but for health reasons and toning rather than to help with losing the weight. I wish I enjoyed it more, I find it such a chore so I'm not 100% sure I'll carry it on but it is my intention!
I think if you enjoy it or don't mind doing it then carry on, it's certainly going to do you no harm in your weight loss journey.

i believe exercise helps to tone you body and gives you a really good cardio work out, so yes you will benefit from it :)

nice shape and health heart

I have really upped the excercise in the last 6 weeks as my losses had slowed a bit and in the last 5 weigh in's i've lost 13.5lbs so it's def helped! 4.5/3.5/1/3/1.5 lbs off

I do 3 aqua aerobics classes a week and the gym twice. I have a treadmill in the bedroom and do at least 20 mins 5 days a week on it.

My body has really really toned up and i'm really surprised how quickly my body shape is changing.

For some reason i lose more weight when i don't excerise, but i need to to tone up but i struggle, i don't have time in the week, at weekends i do some wii and sometimes go for a walk, but thats about it.

now that the sun is shining i will be exercising more, i have started again on the c25k challenge and quite enjoying it that as it is not too strenuous

Ally89 said:
For some reason i lose more weight when i don't excerise, but i need to to tone up but i struggle, i don't have time in the week, at weekends i do some wii and sometimes go for a walk, but thats about it.

Have you tried 30 day shred? It's only 20 mins a day so easier to fit in! It's a bit of a killer at first but because it's so popular there is a lot of support and groups to keep you motivated!

Keldelacoe said:
Have you tried 30 day shred? It's only 20 mins a day so easier to fit in! It's a bit of a killer at first but because it's so popular there is a lot of support and groups to keep you motivated!

I tried that and it nearly killed me! Honestly I hated every minute and found myself swearing and shouting at the tv. Longest 20 minutes of my life ;) I'm in awe of people who can keep that thing up!

Whovian_gal said:
I tried that and it nearly killed me! Honestly I hated every minute and found myself swearing and shouting at the tv. Longest 20 minutes of my life ;) I'm in awe of people who can keep that thing up!

I have a little crush on jillian micheals so it's more bearable lol!

I have a little crush on jillian micheals so it's more bearable lol!

Well put it that way...if it was David Tennant doing it.... :character00116::banana dancer::8855:

Whovian_gal said:
Well put it that way...if it was David Tennant doing it.... :character00116::banana dancer::8855:

I should introduce you to my friend she is a total DW freak! She even
Gets her kids dressing up! I have to in subscribe her from Facebook now and again when she gets to much ;) lol

I should introduce you to my friend she is a total DW freak! She even
Gets her kids dressing up! I have to in subscribe her from Facebook now and again when she gets to much ;) lol

LOl she sounds like me. I use Twitter for all my Doctor Who obsessing. Try to keep it off of Facebook.
Not that I'm online ALL the time or anything :whistle:

Exercise is good for you, whether you are dieting or not. Anything that makes your heart pump faster is better for your health. However you can do SW and not exercise and still lose weight. But it would be better for you health wise if you do exercise, and if you build more lean muscle in your body your metabolism works more effectively and your basic metabolic rate is higher meaning you burn more calories.

currently struggling through the 30 day shred once im done i planning on giving the c 2 10k a wee go

I walk everywhere i can. Swim 2/3 times a week. Plus i have just invested in a crazy fit v plate, doing that 3 times a day too which is mainly for toning. Now the weather is picking up i'll be out on the bikes with the kids too :)

I do gym classes and bootcamp. Have alos just bought myself a kettlebell as there are loads of good reviews about them over on the Fitness board, but not quite got round to trying it out yet!

Back