Exercise

Claireybell

Trying to motivate myself to go gym today, has anyone else been exercising or have u all just been losing on this fantastic diet without exercise :)

Hi

Depending on what level you are doing, with SS or SS+ it is recommended not to exercise, as mainly due to the low calorie intake and you are sort of "fighting" what you are trying to achieve, i.e people (including myself may i add) stick to this diet because of the results, however when you exercise, your body builds muscle and retains an awful lot of water, so "weightloss" is reduced dramatically, also because of the diet the muscle cant repair itself as quickly as it would normally!

Hope this helps - so to answer your question, put your feet up, watch a bit of tele, dont cheat and watch the weight come off!!

Im doing ss and ss+ if i go the gym, i feel guilty not exercising lol, might just go for a powerwalk, if i can turn off tv haha, thanks for the help it was really useful, whats ur weight loss been like x

i've done SS for a month now and havent exercised. i'm a bit scared of starting back to be honest because i'm worried I'll be knackered after 10 mins! i think you're not supposed to exercise for the 1st 2 weeks of SS because of the low calorie intake and the adjustment to ketosis but after that it's ok. there's a lady who posts her photos on the inspirational photos bit, rebecca her username is, she does SS/SS+ and exercises by doing zumba, legs bums tums and going to the gym and she sees good weight losses every week still. i'm planning on doing a zumba class tonight just to see how I go :) x

Sorry to sound silly but is ok to exercise then or not after 2 weeks being on ss?  thanks

Yes the book says to just refrain during the first 2 weeks as your body is adjusting. although saying that, the calories are very low on SS so I'm going to be careful about how much exercise I do per week. perhaps a brisk walk every few days and one class a week or wii fit will suffice! x

I lost 8 stone originally but put a 2 stone on over the last 2 years by poor eating!!

Just remember for all the excerciser's out there, calm it down !! As you may feel great for the first week but due to lack of calories you will suffer burn out!!

I would say tone rather than excercise, less strenuous !!

Good luck everyone x

I started doing Zumba about six months before starting CD 810 this January and have now increased it to 3 classes per week *obsessed* :). Although I feel great and never feel burnt out, I have noticed a significant drop in losses - 1lb per week if I'm lucky. If I remember I try to eat a bit more on Zumba days, but don't always remember. I really don't want to give it up, but I really do want to lose at least a stone by August. I guess I need to go up the plans a bit further then?

Im worried that exercise will make my weightloss suffer. Im aiming on doing 1 spinning class a week and then yoga and toning work. That shouldnt affect it to much should it?
Your doing great being able to do zumba that much :)

Back