Exercise

Maybe just try cardio and general fitness whilst in the LT then once on refeed start doing something a little more harder rather than thinking you have to do 3 hours flat out a day. It's about keep moving and loosing calories not knack erring yourself out and trying to become a body builder at the same time. Perhaps do swimming to tone your entire body or aerobics, Zumba or something where you move about.

I'm concerned because even though I have lots of energy as a result of ketosis/weighing less, It's still a 450 calorie/day diet, and when I go to the gym I generally burn off between 300 and 400 calories. That'd leave about 100 calories to live on?!

Is this safe? Or do the calories that you burn off come from your stored fat?

To be totally honest, I don't know. I've tried to research this but there are so many people online arguing over it that it's impossible to make a factual judgement. I would advise approaching exercise gradually, building it up and see how you feel and how the scales reflect. Several people on here work out without issue but others have stopped loosing weight. Could be coincidence, might be caused by burning too much off on an already low income of calories. Even the experts can't agree on what starvation mode is and how quickly you go into it. The one thing they do agree on is you don't go into starvation mode from missing one meal, it does take days and a real low income of calories, but that's where they then agree to disagree on everything else. Some claim ketosis is starvation, others state it's not but a fine line between starving and normal where we burn the most amount of fat.

Guess it's an area without much in the way of facts to back up the studies.

Thanks for that :) I asked my pharmacist this morning at my weigh-in. She said that if I'm doing weight-lifting stuff I'll build muscle which might reduce weight loss on the scales, but I'll lose inches. (which I knew, and that wasn't really my question, but just in case it's useful info for anyone else, there you are now!)
She said re: calories that if someone's in Ketosis, a lot of their calories will be burnt off from fat reserves, so burning an extra couple of hundred calories every now and then will come from there, and not from your lipotrim food, so it's safe.

she did say, as you did Kuromi, to take things gently when starting exercise and start by walking for half an hour 3-4 times a week, and build up :)
I'm off for a walk now :-D

The OH has been talking about going to the gym so being as were both on leave from work from tomorrow I may hold him to that and get us signed up, that way I can start swimming again and do some light running see if it aids my weight loss over the next week. Since I hit week 2 I've slowed right down in losses to about 2/3 lbs a week which is a little low for me to reach goal by my deadline. I could do with a little help and if burning a few extra calories would indeed come from fat stores then I'm up for trying.

I know. I lost 2 lbs at my weigh-in today and, while I'm happy with a loss, I can't help feeling like I could have lost that amount if I were on Weight Watchers and actually getting to eat real food! A bigger loss would definitely be incentive to stick to TFR for another while. (I was going to stay on it another 2, maybe 3, weeks).

If exercise knocks off a few calories, then bring it on, I say...

I've only been doing light exercise for now (only on day 2, Ketosis hasn't kicked in yet!), like taking the dog for a walk and going to Aqua-Zumba (Zumba in the swimming pool!) once a week

Good luck!

iv just started goin for walks in the evening.. on day 15 :) only doin 15mins but hope to increase it gradually :)

I did lipotrim a few years Ago. This is now my 4th day restart. My first time around I went to the gym most days. I began running doing weights and swimming. When I ran the weight dropped off me. But when I did weights it stayed on me. I became really fit. I think I started exercised around wk 3 the weight loss made running easier for me.

I only just started LT and was told for the first week not to do much as your going in to ketosis so you will feel sluggish. I walked back from the nail salon this morning (25 min walk) and i was drained afterwards, but i hadn't had a shake until i got home.

I wasn't sure when you should start but I am guessing when i get energy boost I will know. Already got a gym membership so I have to go and it includes swimming and classes. So going to try to do a couple of activities a week, preferably different ones to mix it up a little. Been asked to go boxercise classes on monday with a friend so may start with something like that :) can't wait to shift all this weight.

They advise week 3, but you can determine how you feel, just bear in mind your blood sugars might be low for the first few weeks whilst your body adjusts so you might get a little dizzy. Just take your time and see how you feel.

Thanks is there certain exercise that I should avoid or is it all ok to do?

I would say don't do anything over strenuous to start with (like insanity or PX90 or whatever it's called) until you are sure you aren't going to get dizzy or faint. I'm running daily and am fine now but the first 2 months I was getting light headed just standing up. I still get it but not as bad now.

thanks I keep hearing how everyone was light headed, tired, headaches, dizzy and stuff the first week but I haven't been any of these things so far. its been nice and relaxed the past 4 days like normal really :/ did a lot of walking today and didn't feel tired or dizzy so really unsure at the moment :/

The light headedness didn't actually hit me straight away, so you might find next week you notice more, but then again you might not. All you can do it start off gentle and see how you feel, then build on it to the level you want. Also I didn't get headaches or much in the way of side effects, which I put down to not drinking caffeine and lowering my carbs before I started, so not everyone gets them. My biggest problems regarding symptoms was bleeding and bruising. Everything else either didn't happen or was so barely noticeable it was hardly worth a mention.

That's made me feel a lot better because I was worried I was doing something wrong :/ feel better knowing it's not just me that isn't really getting any of these side affects I've got no bruising but do have a call from Mother Nature even though she wasn't due but there is no pains with it :/

Yeah that's been a common thing for me until I got my coil put in and it's stopped again now. I've noticed as time has gone on that my fingers feel shrivelled which is possibly a side affect, but I'm drinking over 3 litres a day and using hand creams a lot so it's probably being made worse by the cold weather. Otherwise I hardly get headaches or felt so ill I'd say it was flu like. I had the od day where I felt groggy but I did get a cold shortly after. Otherwise the only other symptom is feeling cold,

Ive felt extremely cold today :( had 2 hot water bottles to keep me warm :/ its the only side affect i have felt. my main problem with this diet is trying to have all the shakes as I'm not hungry and sometimes feel sick trying to have the shake. I did with chicken soup the other day and I sick, the smell made my stomach roll so i don't want that to happen with my other shakes just incase :(

I found the first time I did lipotrim for the first week I found it hard to train, I actually went for a run and after 3km became light headed and had to get my wife to drive and collect me.

This time on lipotrim I started training on day one and haven't had any light headed or dizzy spells.

I find that I go to the gym on lunch and have my first shake of the day (I'm male so only two shakes a day) after my work out it fills me up and helps with fact I'm not eating that I leave the office on lunch.

I go to the gym five / six times a week and find it really helps mentally and with my weight loss.

GiveItAgo ... I'm still going to the gym 5 times a week. I've had to cut back a bit on my weights on bodypump (feel a bit of a wimp) but I've found I'm much better on the bike and don't get nearly so out of breath. I want to keep going as I want to tone as I lose the fat (hopefully) and don't want any saggy skin! I also eat after my work out. Well done on your first week's loss btw.

Back