Exercise?

Marianne

What kind of exercise, if any, do you supplement your calorie counting with?

I normally have a pretty sedentary lifestyle as I'm a uni student sat at a desk most of the time. Work is the same, sat behind a desk, mostly.

So, I have a couple of exercise DVDs (Davina) in rotation (I get bored easily with the same old routine), and try to get a least an hour of walking every day, whether that be with the dogs or wandering around town during lunch. I like to dance, so get up for a quick boogie every now and again when at home if I feel my energy levels starting to droop. It perks me right up and looking like a prat is all part of the fun. :rolleyes:

I go to the gym as often as I can manage (usually 3-5 times a week), I used to do a bit too much really, so I've got it to a more sustainable 40 mins on the cross-trainer and 10 mins of weights :)

i am another who uses the cross trainer
i normaly do a min of 1 hour and a max of 1hour 40 mins lol about 6 days a week followed with some lifting

i don't suggest you do this.but the cross trainer is great

dancing on your own lol bet the dogs think your a nutcase lol

i am another who uses the cross trainer
i normaly do a min of 1 hour and a max of 1hour 40 mins lol about 6 days a week followed with some lifting

i don't suggest you do this.but the cross trainer is great

dancing on your own lol bet the dogs think your a nutcase lol

Who, me? ;) Haha, they usually join in! :D

I've gone a bit exercise mad, recently. x)
- Gym three/four times a week.
- Cycling when the weathers decent (but seeing as I'm in Cornwall, it rarely is!)
- Walking my neighbours dog.
- Horseriding whenever I can get down to the stables.
- Ice-skating whenever I've got the money for it.
- Aerobics class once a week.
- Walking everywhere I can (which I have to do anyway, seeing as I'm too young to drive and too poor to afford bus fairs ;))

I gym (weight training and cardio as well as personal trainer sessions), walk, cycle, run...you have to exercise as well as cut calories to burn off the dreaded fat...oh I work out 5 days a week and have the weekend as my two rest days...

Well I must admit I haven't really done any. I was using my Wii fit but I've been too busy doing other stuff instead of using that.I am planning on starting soon to do stomach crunches and sit ups. I can't run because both my knees aren't working as well as they should be they keep locking and I'm in agony with them.Think I should go see someone about them really. Skipping is good I have a rope I haven't used...and a lateral thigh trainer thats gathering dust..also a gym ball.. Gee I think I had better dust them all off and get using them lol

I've got a lateral thigh trainer hiding behind the sofa I'm sitting on!! Very dusty too!!

They're good though aren't they Munky? They worked well for me whilst I was using it.......haha

I have it in reserve for when I really can't face going out on cold, dark, and wet nights to walk to the gym! It's good for doing while watching telly :)

I try to go to the gym 3 times a week and i do swimming on a wednesday :)

oh my gym membership is just sitting in dust :S its so rubbish out when i leave work i just want to come home and sit in my blanket

I just know I would not make proper use of a gym membership, especially in this weather, which is why I've never joined one.

Surely THAT is the point of the gym, it is a nice, warm, air conditioned place where it is comfortable to do exercise, OUT of the rain, cold and snow and drabness...outside people who run and cycle and walk (like me) love the gym just as much if not more in winter...but we still run and stuff outside regardless...c'mon...you know you want to get exercising...small steps...

Surely THAT is the point of the gym, it is a nice, warm, air conditioned place where it is comfortable to do exercise, OUT of the rain, cold and snow and drabness...outside people who run and cycle and walk (like me) love the gym just as much if not more in winter...but we still run and stuff outside regardless...c'mon...you know you want to get exercising...small steps...

But first I'd have to leave a warm, comfortable place to get there ;)

I still get plenty of exercise, just not of the gym variety.

I'm lucky enough to be a member of a set of 3 council gyms.
One is 10 mins walk from my house, and another is on a route I can take back from work, so I can call in on the way home :) No need to set out from a warm house into the cold night!!

But first I'd have to leave a warm, comfortable place to get there ;)

I still get plenty of exercise, just not of the gym variety.

True, but then the walk or run or cycle there if it is close enough, is a warm up...gym is NOT necessary to keep fit, no...there are many free and cost effective methods for those who have ultra motivation (how many buy DVDs, skipping ropes, gym balls, thigh busters, etc for them to gather dust?) and determination...I do have those, but the gym MAKES me work harder, if that makes sense...

Back