Exercises recommended for legs and arms??

Sammie1984

Hi girls and guys, well I lost 8.5lbs in my first week :) so I was wondering what exercises you would recommend for legs and arms? I work 9-5.30 then I have to pick my daughter up etc so I don't have a lot of time in the days but would like to squeeze some in at least 3-4 times a week I have booked a holiday to Marbella at 20th October so I now have to push a little harder to loose this weight as I don't want to be the "fat" one by the pool... Please help xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Jillian Michaels 30 day shred! takes around 30 minutes to do, in your living room - all you need is a single set of hand weights and it really does work!

It does your arms, legs and abs (all over really!) and helps with weight loss as well. I can't recommend it enough!

less than £5 on Amazon! Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV

Hi

I have jillian michaels 30 day shred DVD and find that's pretty good and gives you a full body work out including toning (you work legs and arms at the same time) and cardio and abs split into ciruits, there are 3 levels that you work up, meant to be spending 10 days on each and work up but you dont have to and each workout is only 20 minutes long so can easily fit it into your day.

Yeah i would really recommend that dvd too, esp with 3 boys i find it helps to do when i am tight on time :)

I know it probably would be difficult time wise but I've just been to aqua zumba - fantastic arm and leg work out!

I know it probably would be difficult time wise but I've just been to aqua zumba - fantastic arm and leg work out!

Aqua Zumba sounds amazing I would love to give that a go! I know when you do exercise in the water it's better for toning because of the resistance.

OP maybe you could do a class once a week after work if you had someone to look after your daughter? Then do 30DS on other days. Good luck! X

Squats, lunges, press ups. Jillian Michaels does loads of these in the 30 days shred- it's brilliant and you'll see results fairly quickly if you stick to it. Make sure you follow her advice regarding squats otherwise you will ruin your knees.

30DS is good. Its easy to fit around other stuff as its only 20 minutes but don't let that fool you. You will suffer the next day!

i wish i saw this 30d's dvd before i ordered a cross trainer, ohhh well

Wow thanks guys so many Replies :) I will be ordering that DVD thank you.

Also that aqua Zumba sounds cool I will look it up see if we have anything like that around here thanks again peeps xxx

If you prefer to snack on smaller meals throughout the day, choose energy-dense foods, such as trail mix made with dried fruit, nuts and seeds. You can eat sandwiches made with peanut or other nut butters, or use meats and add calories with slices of cheese or avocado. Creamed soups are generally higher in calories than clear broths. Add more calories to creamed soups by adding a spoonful of dry milk powder.

dietcritic said:
If you prefer to snack on smaller meals throughout the day, choose energy-dense foods, such as trail mix made with dried fruit, nuts and seeds. You can eat sandwiches made with peanut or other nut butters, or use meats and add calories with slices of cheese or avocado. Creamed soups are generally higher in calories than clear broths. Add more calories to creamed soups by adding a spoonful of dry milk powder.

Um - not sure that someone on a VLCD should be having dried fruit, bread or avocado...

Bizarre post by dietcritic.

Try rowing for legs and particularly arms. Rowing gives the most complete muscle workout of any exercise I believe, but your arms and legs reaaally benefit. Don't have to do actual on-water rowing, just try an erg (indoor) rowing machine at the gym, or at home if you have one! So so good for toning up. :)

Thanks guys some great advice here, I ordered the DVD and I also ordered a twist stepper hopefully it will help I can use it while watching the soaps when my daughter is in bed :) xx

Woohoo! Another shredder :D
I won't lie... The first time, if you put 100% in you will SWEAT. The next day you'll be sore, the day after even more so! But, don't give up. Work through it, keep going, I promise you it gets easier. If you do it every day you'll be finding it easier by day 4 or 5. It's only 20 minutes so just keep on going when it gets hard :D

Back