Exercises to tone up?

JosieDelonge

Hello,

Does anyone know of any good exercises to tone up?

Now the weight is starting to come off I don't want to end up with flabby saggy bits!

It's for the usual bits - arms, legs and tummy.

I don't want to just do aerobics, I'd like something that toned up these parts and that might possibly be fun to do (I hate sports so I need good motivation).

Thank you!

The most effective one that I have found so far is swimming, especially breast stroke. I teach modern jive and whilst it gives you a fantastic work out it doesnt get all the problem areas!
I also go to the Gym and do a lot of cycling, treadmill and cross trainer exercises.

Hope this helps Hun.

x

Excellent. I'll have a look in to all of that. I can notice my arms are a bit flabbier than usual so I would like to start toning them up. I also still have a baby pouch which is becoming more pronounced as my stomach shrinks.

One of my old school friends runs a body pump class but it's just the motivation to get there as it would be a 45 min drive. I might get in touch with her and ask about it though...

body pump is fab i must admit, i've not been in about a year tho, and need to get my backside back. xx

You could always sign up for The Beach Body thing on the GMTV Website, that has an exercise section.

I agree re Body Pump too!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went a couple of years ago and even though it was when I was still much heavier than now, the change after a few weeks was incredible. Not just a little bit that only I would notice, but everytime I saw myself in the mirror, the toning effect used to catch me off guard. It is hard work though. Nothing with results as good as that could be achieved without it, but it is only 45mins to an hour and if you eat before you go it is much easier (I have arthritis in many of my joints but still managed). I had to stop going as it clashed with a uni course I had to attend, and I was gutted not to go again. As it has become more popular, you would probably find a class nearby (there are loads within about 10 miles of me).

I am thinking of starting again, but I would have to stop going to SW as I am already out of the house too much.

I love it, but can't do every week at the moment with my work, my gym does it on a saturday, so will start that back up next week as away this weekend. I used to have a banana before I went and a cereal bar as soon as I came out (Alpen Light HEB). So when I got home, I'd have noodles or pasta (prepared in advance). Anyway.. Great to tone up for summer :). Mrs C, maybe we could make this a challenge - to go every week til beg of summer school hols. Works out to 8 weeks :) xx

i have twist board for hips but also works on other parts and whilst trying get to grips with it can be realy funny 2 watch one on it lol.... i also have a leg and arm toner (its blue from argos) you push together and it pulls so hurts... that does thighs and arms ... then for tummy i do reverse crunches and leg control ... (lay on back with legs3 inches straight above floor almost instantly you feel everything tightening... when comfortable with it try lifting upper self at same time with arms straight down sides lifted 4 inches off floor and keep moving them up and down...

ine sond boring but wuth leg one you can sit on sofawatching tv you forget your doing it!

i have twist board for hips but also works on other parts and whilst trying get to grips with it can be realy funny 2 watch one on it lol.... i also have a leg and arm toner (its blue from argos) you push together and it pulls so hurts... that does thighs and arms ... then for tummy i do reverse crunches and leg control ... (lay on back with legs3 inches straight above floor almost instantly you feel everything tightening... when comfortable with it try lifting upper self at same time with arms straight down sides lifted 4 inches off floor and keep moving them up and down...

I might try the reverse crunches, we do these in Body Pump at the end and of course there is no reason why I can't do them at home. x

Back