Exercising prior to weigh in - good or bad idea?

Passiflora

Dasvidaniya FAT & FLAB!!
My friends and I are planning to go on a lengthy walk next week whilst we are off, but it seems the best day for everyone is my weigh in day! Will me doing a substantial walk on my weigh in day give me a gain on the scales that evening?

You read articles that you gain weight after exercise, or that you’ve to get weighed the day after exercise – to me it’s all of a fuddle – I would have thought you would lose after exercise, but it doesn’t seem that simple!!

Any comments?
Thanks!

Back in my youth I used to do a paper-round for 2 hours before weigh in. If I remember rightly I used to weigh about 2lbs less. Probably because of the fluids I had used up etc, but if I drank immediately afterwards then the body was holding more fluid than normal and the loss wasn't as big.

Exercise does deplete water stores but it depends if you are drinking water while you exercise. If you take a small bottle with you to replace what you are using then you should be on an even keel with your weight.

You don't immediately build like 2lbs of muscle in one session, its a gradual thing. :p

Back