Exersise Points???

Nonna_edmo

Sorry me again with another probably stupid question.........:wave_cry:

I am going to a big family meal for my cousins Birthday on Saturday and dont want to ruin the hard work that iv done all week. The problem is that my mum has planned a lovelly 5 course menu so i cant pick what i eat, i know we are having pancetta a parmasan with leeks to start, some sorbet and a chicken with creamy sauce, potoatoes, and veg for main, we will also have a calorific pud something like white chocolate mouse in a filo cup, cheese and crakers and lots and lots of wine and cocktails.

I am being good so only saving 2 points every day from now until then (so that i am still eating enough each day and not going below the 14 limit) which will give me an extra 6 points.

My questions are:

1) Can i eat zero points food all day (Soup and salad ect) until i go to the meal or will that have a negative effect on my weight loss?

2) Is there a limit to how many execerise points you can have in one day? Or how many you can save up in a week?

Im new at this and dont go to the weight watchers meetings so really appreciate all of your advice.

oh ive no idea hun (new to this myself). im also having a big family get together this sunday and whilst im looking forward to having it im dreading the concequences the friday after!!

suz x

you can earn as many exercise points per week as you like - however you can only eat 12 per week. When you eat these they can be all together or a few each day, doesnt matter.

You can eat zero point food all day if you wish, shouldnt make any difference to your weightloss if you stay within your points for the day + what you have saved :) x

was going to reply the same as blackwidow. Just wanted to wish you luck and enjoy yourself. even if you go over, just exercise a bit for the next few days x

Thanks everyone, ill try and earn my 12 exersise points by saturday then, that will be a challenge!

Iv looked through the few books that i do have (i dont go to the meetings) and i have nothing about exersise points.

Does anyone know what exersise you can do and how many points you get, what earns the most points etc?

Here are a few example activity points
Aerobics - 30minutes (1.5), 60 minutes (2.5)
Jogging - 30 minutes (3.5), 60 minutes (6.5)
Pilates - 30minutes (1.5), 60 minutes (2.5)
power walking - 30 minutes (3.5), 60 minutes (6.5)
Running - 30 minutes (3.5), 60 minutes (6.5)
Running up stairs - 30 minutes (3.5), 60 minutes (6.5)
Skipping - 30 minutes (3.5), 60 minutes (6.5)
Step class - 30 minutes (3.5), 60 minutes (6.5)
Swimming - 30minutes (1.5), 60 minutes (2.5)
Tae Bo - 30 minutes (3.5), 60 minutes (6.5)
Walking briskly (15min mile) - 30minutes (1.5), 60 minutes (2.5)

If you have any specific exercise/sport in mind like squash, badminton etc let me know and i'll look it up for you :)

Here are a few example activity points
Aerobics - 30minutes (1.5), 60 minutes (2.5)
Jogging - 30 minutes (3.5), 60 minutes (6.5)
Pilates - 30minutes (1.5), 60 minutes (2.5)
power walking - 30 minutes (3.5), 60 minutes (6.5)
Running - 30 minutes (3.5), 60 minutes (6.5)
Running up stairs - 30 minutes (3.5), 60 minutes (6.5)
Skipping - 30 minutes (3.5), 60 minutes (6.5)
Step class - 30 minutes (3.5), 60 minutes (6.5)
Swimming - 30minutes (1.5), 60 minutes (2.5)
Tae Bo - 30 minutes (3.5), 60 minutes (6.5)
Walking briskly (15min mile) - 30minutes (1.5), 60 minutes (2.5)

If you have any specific exercise/sport in mind like squash, badminton etc let me know and i'll look it up for you :)

Thanks little red for thats its so helpfull!! i live in flats so not sure sure the neighbours will be keen on me running up and down the stairs :bliss:Going home to do my aerobics vids and might even push myself out for a brisk walk tomorrow.

Oh this is interesting... i do body pump, spinning (rpm) legs bums and tums and aqua aerobics throughout the week, what do these work out to be?

I'm always confused with points and exercising?!!

HI Ladies
I usually go the gym twice a week and do stepper 1/2 hour 1 day a week, I was thinking of sticking to ww for 6 days and then having a treat on one day etc, would I still need to add the points or will i be ok? I would prob have pizza, or kfc etc 2 bottle beers some chocolate, do you think this is too much?? (I am a small eater some would only eat 2 slices of pizza and some fries, maybe a cream egg and beers etc...................what does everyone else do for treats/weekend etc?:rolleyes:

Oh this is interesting... i do body pump, spinning (rpm) legs bums and tums and aqua aerobics throughout the week, what do these work out to be?

I'm always confused with points and exercising?!!

I could only find the exact points for the aqua aerobics:
aqua aerobics - 30minutes (1.5), 60 minutes (2.5)

However here is a rough guide to activity points

Low Intesity
15 min- 0.5
30 min- 1
50 min- 1.5
1hr - 2

Moderate intensity
15 min- 0.5
20 min - 1
30 min- 1.5
50 min- 2
1hr - 2.5

High Intensity
5 min - 0.5
10 min - 1
15 min- 1.5
20 min - 2
25 min - 2.5
30 min- 3.5
35 min - 4
40 min- 4.5
45 min - 5
50 min- 5.5
55 min - 6
1hr - 6.5

:)

Just on exercise points - it also depends on your weight how many you earn for different activity/intensity. eg. if I do 20mins high intensity I earn 2APs but if someone weighs 16st then they earn 3.5pts for the same activity for the same time.

You determine activity level by how out of breath you are - so someone's low intensity might be someone else's high intensity depending on their current level of fitness. Its all a bit complicated without the little calculator they give you at class.

For those doing it alone at home who want to earn (and eat) their APs, it might be worth going to one class, getting all the stuff (plus a points calculator) and then doing it on your own.

Sorry if I have just confused the issue....

Sorry - being confusing again!!

At the first meeting you go to you get a cardboard thing with, on one side, an activity calculator and on the other, a basic points calculator.

Its not the electronic points calculator. That's what I would also suggest people buy just to take shopping. xx

Anyone know the exercise points for xtrainer or orbital trainer for 20 mins at a medium pace please? I can't find anything in the online tracker for it.

Back