explaining- what my mum doesnt know !!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by SLACK ALICE, 15 May 2009 Social URL.

1. SLACK ALICE

SLACK ALICE Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(21.51%)
    Diet:
    SLIMMING WORLD
    Morning all, I thought I had better come on and explain what that post (what my mum doesnt know) was all about .

Me and my daughter went out shopping yesterday, I wanted to wear something different as I am always wearing my same old elasticated black skirt and the same one-of-three tops . I thought I would wear a red skirt and my red and black flowery top....well...... The skirt made me look like my mother so daughter told me that it wants binning :eek:. The top ... well you could see my bra and it had turned into a 'off the shoulder number !!'
    So I couldnt wear them... so I put on the black skirt and the old top as usual.
    Daughter said that when we got to town we would be trying on some clothes !!.
    The last time I did this (about 4/5 weeks ago) nothing under a size 28 would fit me ,so I thought ok dear ,now I will prove to you that I am still the blooming same !!
    So we got to town ,went into number ...
    1- EVANS... tried on a cardigan.....size 22:eek::eek:,.......wot ???it fitted me ??? how ?.. we also tried on a pair of jeans (I am a 28 in my jeans) they were a size 22 and the were too big round bum and legs but fitted on the waist ...just luck
    2-Marks and Spencer (posh shop lol)......tried on a cardigan (they only went up to a size 22)...I thought right , heres the prove ...and NOOOOOO it fitted !!!! whats going on ??...still luck !!
    number 3...PEACOCKS...size 22 AHA!!!! prove ..it didnt fit !! see I told you!! at last I had proved my point ... couldn't get the cardigan round my bangers !!
    I was told (by daughter to shut up !!)..it was only 1 shop out of 3.(slap taken !!!)
    Final shop..
    4-BON MARCHE- now here I knew nothing fitted cos I am so in need of a new coat (I dont have one , only a manky old grey fleece that I refuse to wear -unless its snowing). I have tried on their biggest sizes 26 and I know they dont fit - so I knew I was gonna wipe the smile off her face and win this one !!....
    she grabbed a 'Granny coat'' LOL as she called it !!...size 22 ....I was like yeh bring it on it aint gonna fit !!..
    The dam thing fitted ....oh no defeated !!!
    I was like a crushed woman ....some one has been changing labels , and it aint funny !!.Its not right I have never been a size 22 ... I skipped that size years ago and went straight to a 28/30.
    So today girls I have decided to go out on my own and try some ....err ahem....size 22 on and see if I was dreaming or not - cos I still cannot believe this..
    I shall report back lata !!

Last edited: 15 May 2009
    jaylou likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    fantastic, enjoy your day hunni, you have done so well, treat yourself to something nice.xx

just come back to add this time last year i was a size 20 and am now a 12, i still go into shops picking up a 12 and thinking i will end up taking it back coz it wont fit.lol seems to take a while for our heads to catch up with our bodies.xx

4. bettylollypop

bettylollypop soon to be skinny minnie

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    That is fab alice!!!! Well done!!! Can i ask if all your 28's had elasticated waists, if so then it would still cling into you if you know what i mean so you have always thought that you are that size so you just kept buying that size. But you have lost a good bit of weight so yes you are a 22!! Well done, don't you feel fabby, keep up the good work!!! I seem to be a size 19 at the moment lol, just can't get out of the 20 into the 18 yet :( x

5. eternity

eternity Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(42.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    SW
    Sounds like you had a great day yesterday and i think your daughter is lovely!

Have a good day today trying on all the clothes.

6. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    Well done. What an achievement

Irene x

7. nannydi

nannydi wants a new body

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(15.44%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    bless you!
    you made me smile
    xxxx

8. SLACK ALICE

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(21.51%)
    Diet:
    SLIMMING WORLD
    now you come to mention it ...yes they are all elasticated .. I didnt think of that DUH !!
    Just something else I want to say .....
    I have got on my Brand new scales this morning and for the first time in 24 years I am weighing in at 16st 13lbs OMG
    when I got married 24 years ago I weighed 11 stone ....I am so happy to see 16 !!! again LOL

9. tara40

tara40 Loves Norman Reedus

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0.5lb(12.95%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    blooming nora you have done fantastic, size 28 to 22. well done x

10. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Alice, thank goodness for our kids!! (sometimes!)
    Enjoy shopping for your new wardrobe and great result on the scales!
    Jay xx

11. SLACK ALICE

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(21.51%)
    Diet:
    SLIMMING WORLD
    just got back from shopping....
    I got
    2 skirts- 1 pale green ,the other is olive green
    and a Coat !!!!, its a dark brown short mac type one .
    Itried a few on ,but because I cant be doing with being hot this was the only one that was thin. I also didnt want to spend a fortune on a coat , so this one was in the sale at £10.00 reduced from £30.00 !!
    and it s a 22/24 nearest I could get !!
    To be quite honest I have forgotten how to shop for clothes, I still seem to be going for the big old granny stuff !!

12. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    brilliant stuff :D

13. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    I had EXACTLY this argument with my husband a couple of weeks ago- he kept insisting I was a 16 now and I said no way- and to proove it I got out all my old smaller clothes from the back of the wardrobe, saying "see this is a 16 and it is far too small" He then made me try them on and they all fit- I was really annoyed too!

I guess in my head I still didn't truly believe it! (I even argued that the only reason the must fit me is because I have stretched them in the past!)

It only sunk in last week when I went shopping for trousers- they had nice ones but not in an 20 or 18- I took the 16 in the changing rooms convinced they wouldn't fit.........and they were actually a little big.

Hubby now looks incredibly smug- it must be the 1st time ever in our 7 years together that he has actually been right ----- damn!

Congratulations on no longer being in denial, mate! xxxx

14. Kim&Leah

Kim&Leah Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    fantastic!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.