• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

explaining- what my mum doesnt know !!

SLACK ALICE

Silver Member
S: 19st13lb C: 15st9lb G: 12st0lb Loss: 4st4lb(21.51%)
Morning all, I thought I had better come on and explain what that post (what my mum doesnt know) was all about .

Me and my daughter went out shopping yesterday, I wanted to wear something different as I am always wearing my same old elasticated black skirt and the same one-of-three tops . I thought I would wear a red skirt and my red and black flowery top....well...... The skirt made me look like my mother so daughter told me that it wants binning :eek:. The top ... well you could see my bra and it had turned into a 'off the shoulder number !!'
So I couldnt wear them... so I put on the black skirt and the old top as usual.
Daughter said that when we got to town we would be trying on some clothes !!.
The last time I did this (about 4/5 weeks ago) nothing under a size 28 would fit me ,so I thought ok dear ,now I will prove to you that I am still the blooming same !!
So we got to town ,went into number ...
1- EVANS... tried on a cardigan.....size 22:eek::eek:,.......wot ???it fitted me ??? how ?.. we also tried on a pair of jeans (I am a 28 in my jeans) they were a size 22 and the were too big round bum and legs but fitted on the waist ...just luck
2-Marks and Spencer (posh shop lol)......tried on a cardigan (they only went up to a size 22)...I thought right , heres the prove ...and NOOOOOO it fitted !!!! whats going on ??...still luck !!
number 3...PEACOCKS...size 22 AHA!!!! prove ..it didnt fit !! see I told you!! at last I had proved my point ... couldn't get the cardigan round my bangers !!
I was told (by daughter to shut up !!)..it was only 1 shop out of 3.(slap taken !!!)
Final shop..
4-BON MARCHE- now here I knew nothing fitted cos I am so in need of a new coat (I dont have one , only a manky old grey fleece that I refuse to wear -unless its snowing). I have tried on their biggest sizes 26 and I know they dont fit - so I knew I was gonna wipe the smile off her face and win this one !!....
she grabbed a 'Granny coat'' LOL as she called it !!...size 22 ....I was like yeh bring it on it aint gonna fit !!..
The dam thing fitted ....oh no defeated !!!
I was like a crushed woman ....some one has been changing labels , and it aint funny !!.Its not right I have never been a size 22 ... I skipped that size years ago and went straight to a 28/30.
So today girls I have decided to go out on my own and try some ....err ahem....size 22 on and see if I was dreaming or not - cos I still cannot believe this..
I shall report back lata !!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Last edited:

susan70

Gold Member
fantastic, enjoy your day hunni, you have done so well, treat yourself to something nice.xx

just come back to add this time last year i was a size 20 and am now a 12, i still go into shops picking up a 12 and thinking i will end up taking it back coz it wont fit.lol seems to take a while for our heads to catch up with our bodies.xx

bettylollypop

soon to be skinny minnie
S: 16st8lb C: 16st1lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 0st7lb(3.02%)
That is fab alice!!!! Well done!!! Can i ask if all your 28's had elasticated waists, if so then it would still cling into you if you know what i mean so you have always thought that you are that size so you just kept buying that size. But you have lost a good bit of weight so yes you are a 22!! Well done, don't you feel fabby, keep up the good work!!! I seem to be a size 19 at the moment lol, just can't get out of the 20 into the 18 yet :( x

eternity

Gold Member
S: 16st6lb C: 9st6lb G: 9st6lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 7st0lb(42.61%)
Sounds like you had a great day yesterday and i think your daughter is lovely!

Have a good day today trying on all the clothes.

nannydi

wants a new body
S: 21st4lb C: 18st0lb G: 15st0lb BMI: 38.3 Loss: 3st4lb(15.44%)
bless you!
you made me smile
xxxx

SLACK ALICE

Silver Member
That is fab alice!!!! Well done!!! Can i ask if all your 28's had elasticated waists, if so then it would still cling into you if you know what i mean so you have always thought that you are that size so you just kept buying that size.
now you come to mention it ...yes they are all elasticated .. I didnt think of that DUH !!
Just something else I want to say .....
I have got on my Brand new scales this morning and for the first time in 24 years I am weighing in at 16st 13lbs OMG
when I got married 24 years ago I weighed 11 stone ....I am so happy to see 16 !!! again LOL

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
S: 15st10lb C: 13st9.5lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 30 Loss: 2st0.5lb(12.95%)
blooming nora you have done fantastic, size 28 to 22. well done x

jaylou

Gold Member
Alice, thank goodness for our kids!! (sometimes!)
Enjoy shopping for your new wardrobe and great result on the scales!
Jay xx

SLACK ALICE

Silver Member
just got back from shopping....
I got
2 skirts- 1 pale green ,the other is olive green
and a Coat !!!!, its a dark brown short mac type one .
Itried a few on ,but because I cant be doing with being hot this was the only one that was thin. I also didnt want to spend a fortune on a coat , so this one was in the sale at £10.00 reduced from £30.00 !!
and it s a 22/24 nearest I could get !!
To be quite honest I have forgotten how to shop for clothes, I still seem to be going for the big old granny stuff !!

cocktailprincess

Still rockin' it
S: 18st13lb C: 10st12lb G: 10st13lb BMI: 23.8 Loss: 8st1lb(42.64%)
I had EXACTLY this argument with my husband a couple of weeks ago- he kept insisting I was a 16 now and I said no way- and to proove it I got out all my old smaller clothes from the back of the wardrobe, saying "see this is a 16 and it is far too small" He then made me try them on and they all fit- I was really annoyed too!

I guess in my head I still didn't truly believe it! (I even argued that the only reason the must fit me is because I have stretched them in the past!)

It only sunk in last week when I went shopping for trousers- they had nice ones but not in an 20 or 18- I took the 16 in the changing rooms convinced they wouldn't fit.........and they were actually a little big.

Hubby now looks incredibly smug- it must be the 1st time ever in our 7 years together that he has actually been right ----- damn!

Congratulations on no longer being in denial, mate! xxxx

Kim&Leah

Silver Member
fantastic!!