Extended Fasting

Rosie105

Good Afternoon!

I am new to the forum and did not notice a spot for extended fasters. I hope in the future anyone who does fasting over 24 hours can use this thread to share the unique struggles of extended fasting.

I started extended fasting in year 2020. It starting with just testing the waters but I quickly became attached and intrigued by extended fasting. The budding research in benefits like insulin sensitivity and autophagy are very interesting to me. This year (2022) I decided to stick to plan that I tested out for a few months that seems to work well for me. Each week I do a 34 hour fast and an 82 hour fast.

I usually weigh in every other week. I would love to hear your stories...otherwise I imagine I will be talking to myself for a while. 😆

Hi Rosie105 and welcome to Minimins!

I have noticed a few posters over the last year mentioning extended fasts but I don’t think they post at the moment.

I personally cannot face extended fasting. I do intermittent fasting from 6pm to 8am on my on plan days and I hope that will give me some benefit with regard to insulin etc

The health and weight loss benefits of extended fasting have shown to not be that much after 24 hours of fasting so I don't do any more than 24 hours anymore.

Back