Extra easy 1/3

pizzle84

I will do this!!!
When your doing EE you have to have a 1/3 of the plate full of veg but is it still counted as 1/3 if its in the meal?? For example if i have spagetti bolognese and i put carrot, celery, onion and other veg into the meat bit then have pasta but dont have any extra veg on the plate do the veggies in the sauce count as the 1/3??

this seems to be a bit of a 'grey' area i think.
my consultant says that yes count the stuff in it and i do....lots of people do this but ive also heard plenty of people and some consultants say no thats not right and say you have to have a small side/salad/veg serving/bit of fruit after to compensate!

but as i said i count the stuff in it and it hasnt harmed my losses....10 weigh ins so far and a loss at all of them.
i would say count it but if your losses slow or stop it would be something to look at then.

It definitely does count and SW HQ have confirmed it so those consultant who are saying it doesn't are just being a bit over zealous.

Yes, I always count it in, the only time I don't is if it's something you can't really incorperate 1/3 veg in it, then I'll either have salad with it or have some fruit afterwards for pudding.

It definitely does count and SW HQ have confirmed it so those consultant who are saying it doesn't are just being a bit over zealous.

thanks for that!! altho as i said my consultant says count it and i do i always kinda worry that its not good enough,lol!! so now i wont.

yeah we were told it counts, and there are some things that just dont go with salad etc, so in that case i just have fruit for pudding afterwards.

thanks guys you've put my mind at rest :)

If you are not sure you are eating enough superfree with your meal, then you can always have a small salad as a starter. I often do this - it doesn't have to be complicated and it keeps me occupied until dinner is ready!!

Sometimes (not often) i dont have any super free in a meal and think ill eat a fruit salad afterwards but then i am too full and dont feel like eating just for the sake of it, but then i havent followed the EE rule!!!!

Back