Extra easy but struggling!

elfmummy

hello, been doing sw for 7 days have lost 2 and a half pounds but am very confused with the syn value of things. like mullerlight yogurts are free for 100 ml but what about a normal pot of 175g?is that still free?are free syns only the measured amount given. 7up free is free for 100ml but what about for a whole 600ml bottle? can anyone clear this up for me? thanks:wave_cry:

If its free for 100ml it's free for a bath full-the measurements are just general serving sizes xx

elfmummy said:
hello, been doing sw for 7 days have lost 2 and a half pounds but am very confused with the syn value of things. like mullerlight yogurts are free for 100 ml but what about a normal pot of 175g?is that still free?are free syns only the measured amount given. 7up free is free for 100ml but what about for a whole 600ml bottle? can anyone clear this up for me? thanks:wave_cry:

Congratulations on your 2.5lbs :)

Mullerlights are free no matter how much you eat, and so ate sugar free drinks.

Have a good search in the Syn Forum and I bet it will all become clear.

Well done so far.

biddie said:
Congratulations on your 2.5lbs :)

Mullerlights are free no matter how much you eat.

That's not really true, if she ate say 5 of them you couldn't class them as free, that would be an abuse of free foods!

vanilla_cupcake said:
That's not really true, if she ate say 5 of them you couldn't class them as free, that would be an abuse of free foods!

Really? Not heard that one before!

vanilla_cupcake said:

Free foods are exactly what the say..Free Foods as much as you want, each individual is supposed to use their own common sense and not over eat on 1 type of food but have a wide variety of choice..you can eat free food all day if you wish, until you feel full and satisfied

vanilla_cupcake said:

They would still be free VC, but it would be a complete abuse of free foods (but not food abuse if that makes sense) they aren't even that nice! Not sure how anyone could eat that many anyways.

OP - as long as you stick to 1/3rd super free, snack on super free as your first (but not only) choice, eat your healthy extras & syns, you will loose weight!

Good to see you back VC :))

x-lizbif-x said:
Free foods are exactly what the say..Free Foods as much as you want, each individual is supposed to use their own common sense and not over eat on 1 type of food but have a wide variety of choice..you can eat free food all day if you wish, until you feel full and satisfied

I think the best way to think of Free food, is to eat as much as you NEED to stop feeling hungry. If I ate as much as I wanted I'd never lose anything. I'm not a yogurt fiend but could make SW chips all day.

Now Superfree food you can eat as much as you like. Cucumber anyone?

Shirleen said:
I think the best way to think of Free food, is to eat as much as you NEED to stop feeling hungry. If I ate as much as I wanted I'd never lose anything. I'm not a yogurt fiend but could make SW chips all day.

Now Superfree food you can eat as much as you like. Cucumber anyone?

As much as you NEED & to feel full and satisfied is the same! Everybody has diffrent levels of what makes them feel Full hence the quote " to use your own common sense"

x-lizbif-x said:
As much as you NEED & to feel full and satisfied is the same! Everybody has diffrent levels of what makes them feel Full hence the quote " to use your own common sense"

Ah, but you assume that we can use our common sense, which lets face it, if we could do this when it comes to food, we wouldn't need to diet in the 1st place :)

You would be astounded at the number of people who do not use their common sense when it comes to free foods.

Oh, forgot to add, you are spot on in terms of using Common sense being the best way of doing things, I just think SW need to be explicit about this kind of stuff & tbh, they probably aren't! I know plenty who never read past the 'unlimited free foods' to the 'stop when you are full'.

x-lizbif-x said:

Ah but your original comment said 'free food, as much as you want' I was just clarifying as there is a difference.
The capitals were because I can't italicise on my phone.

From my experience the free until you are satisfied line is not pushed enough by SW. The unlimited part is shouted from the rooftops and then the until you're full bit said in hushed tones at high speed like the terms and conditions of some dubious money lender.

I could eat my weight in pasta, wouldn't matter if I was full or not I could eat it all day long, I definitely wouldn't lose weight though.

Enjoy your free foods but just remember in the back of your mind to ask yourself if you really are hungry and would something super free satisfy you just as well.

kingleds said:
They would still be free VC, but it would be a complete abuse of free foods (but not food abuse if that makes sense) they aren't even that nice! Not sure how anyone could eat that many anyways.

OP - as long as you stick to 1/3rd super free, snack on super free as your first (but not only) choice, eat your healthy extras & syns, you will loose weight!

Good to see you back VC :))

Yeah that's what I meant it just didn't come across as that, if you ate as many as you wanted I personally wouldn't class them as free cos it would be a complete abuse of 'free foods' :)

I hate yogurts but could eat my own body weight in rice! :sigh:

Got to say, I pretty much did eat my own bodyweight in pasta and rice when I first started SW :D But because I was heavier, I still lost well. It's only now I'm lighter that I have to watch my portion sizes a bit more! I just eat half my bodyweight in pasta nowdays, lol!

Seriously, OP, you can eat the free foods in whatever quantity, as long as you stop before you're stuffed. It'll get easier as you get used to it!

Wegle said:
From my experience the free until you are satisfied line is not pushed enough by SW. The unlimited part is shouted from the rooftops and then the until you're full bit said in hushed tones at high speed like the terms and conditions of some dubious money lender.
Omg that made me chuckle. It's so true. I've never thought about it before, but do I stop eating when I'm full....... Hell no....... I stop when my plate is empty. SW don't really push the portion control, they should, as well as trying to get us to eat healthier they should also push the 'stop pushing food into your mouth until you feel sick' syndrome. Okay, I'm not that bad anymore, but I certainly don't stop when I'm satisfied on my evening meal.

I think the best way of looking at it is that mullerlights are SYN FREE foods, fat free natural yoghurt is FREE food.

Fill your plate 1/3 with superfree (and eat anytime too), eat free food freely for the rest of you plate (such as dried pasta, potatoes, eggs, etc.) and also anytime - with no limits. Have your Healthy Extras. Syns are the fourth element... some have a value to limit you to your 5-15 syns, some are syn free which you can enjoy without having to deduct from your allowance.

If you put what you eat in a list with those four headings, if syn food features highly (even if they are syn free) you are probably not optimising your weightloss. Just my thoughts! :)

Back