extra easy-is it working for you?

JAYJAY33

Hi everyone

I rejoined sw last week after having a baby in august. Last time i did sw i did green days as EE had inly just been launched and green days worked well, i lost 2 stone in just a few months. I have been doing EE now for nearly 2 weeks and i have hardly lost a thing. Im sticking to my syns of 10 a day, done gym a few times but nothing is happening. I need to increase water intake but am drinking more than i normally do but seeing no results. Anyone know why this could be as im considering going back to green days but I do find them restrictive as i cant stomach quorn which I was using a lot last time. Any advice much appreciated as had i not paid for 12 week countdown i would be swapping to ww as bit down about it and not feeling i can trust the plan now. Im also finding i dont have time to cook from scratch all the time with a 5 month old and 2 year old so having savoury rice/pasta n sauce alot but can see me getting bored quickly. Thanks everyone, Jayjay xx

How about putting some food diaries on here so people can have a look?

Not drinking enough is one problem. Are you making sure your meals are 1/3 superfree foods? Are you actually eating enough?

What are you snacking on?

xx

Hi Jayjay!
I love ee and have lost 4 st on it so far. I have sympathy for you, I started sw when my son was a year old so I understand how busy you are. Hopefully going to your class will give you a pleasant few mins to yourself, it did for me!
With ee, even if you just do meat and 2 veg, it's quick. I use frozen veg, or bags of pre cut fruit and that makes it really quick to get the 1/3 super free onto the plate. Keep going, drink lots, you'll get there...and when baby is crawling you'll get more exercise than you can imagine!!
Good luck :)

thanks for replying. maybe im not getting the third free thing right. I do find that bit hard with the types of things im eating like pasta dishes and rice. Maybe i would be better having meat amd veg so you can clearly see how much veg. I tend to just add some sweetcorn/peas to pasta n sauce etc but maybe thats not enough? i find it all a bit confusing and i think my lack of trust in it working isnt helping either. thanks again x

How about getting a salad bowl and making a nice mixed salad to go with your meals. By doing that you will be eating less of the other free foods so calorie intake will be less but you will still fill up. I know slimming world isn't calorie counting as such but all diets work in the same way and are about cals in and cals out!

Good luck hun and keep at it :)

thanks for replying. maybe im not getting the third free thing right. I do find that bit hard with the types of things im eating like pasta dishes and rice. Maybe i would be better having meat amd veg so you can clearly see how much veg. I tend to just add some sweetcorn/peas to pasta n sauce etc but maybe thats not enough? i find it all a bit confusing and i think my lack of trust in it working isnt helping either. thanks again x

Sweetcorn and peas are both free, not superfree, so if you those with a pasta & sauce, there is no superfree in that meal.

Have a look in the food diaries section, there are loads of Extra Easy diaries to get ideas from.

If you get the 1/3 thing right, it really does work. I've only ever done EE.

Hey I am new to sw too, so not 100% on what I am thinking here but just curious, when you have pasta and sauce, are you eating the whole packet?

Its quite calorific on its own as a lunch, and when i synned it today as i had it for my lunch i weighed out 200g after cooking and that's less than half the packet cooked then i served it with a slice of ham and a salad. I would say you are better off doing a small jacket potato with ham and a salad, or baby new potatos most of the time.

Keep at it and it will work though am sure hun, It could also be that your body is hanging onto weight as it's wondering where the food has gone, but this may settle in time

Hi again, I agree with Rachel about the salad bowl thing. I always have tomatoes and cucumber in my fridge and pickled onions and beetroot in my cupboard. Now I know it's a bit boring but it's a really quick way to veg up your meal and they're physically big so they do cover your plate easily to meet your 1/3 requirements. The other thing that is quick to do and you can have ready for when you really need to eat something quick is boiled eggs- they aren't super free but will keep you full if you just haven't time to stop for a meal.
Also just a thought, peas and sweet corn don't count as super free on ee so adding them to pasta n sauce won't work...
Good luck Hun!! X

Thanks everyone, i have just looked up the sweetcorn and peas before you replied and realised the same thing! I thought they were superfree! No wonder! Thank god for this site! I was so close to giving up already as I really thought it just wasnt working for me. I have alot to lose so was baffled. I will make sure i stock up on salad, veg, new potatoes from now on instead of pasta n sauces. I think due to having less time to think about it this time, i have just tried to do similar to green days but adding meat in instead of taking it back to basics so i need to re start it with fresh eyes me thinks and begin again and plan my meals out. Doing my online shop now so will re start it! Thanks to everyone for replying, think you have all just saved me from losing the plot and ordering a dominos!! Thanks everyone! Will be on here much more now as soon as kids are in bed lol! xxx

Just another thought re online shopping. I might be teaching you to suck eggs but I have a couple of online strategies which might be of use. Ocado is good IMO because if you're prepared to take in your shopping at 10pm then the delivery is often free. It's price matched to tesco so the value can be very good.
Also, I change between supermarkets with the wind. What that means is that they're often sending me offers to get my business back... Eg ocado have offered me 20% off if I have a delivery on saturday or Sunday this week. Last week asda gave me a free delivery voucher...
What I mean to say is every penny counts when you have wee ones and since you're a busy girl then this might be a good strategy to get the fruit and veg you need but at the lowest prices.
Also, there's a sticky thread on here where people detail the SW deals they have seen in their local supermarkets so you could use that to take advantage of.

Hope that's of help- you're probably already aware, just thought I'd mention it since I'm a delivery girl too :)

Hi Sparkle, I sometimes have whole packets of pasta n sauce and most flavours are syn free (check online which are not). As it goes, I only have them in an emergency cos I'm not fond of them but if you're short of time then they could be a good alternative to a jacket potato, but of course as you say, not as nutritious :)

Thanks for tips! I had no idea Ocado price matched to tesco! How do u get this price match can i ask? I have never used them yet but been planning it due to their £15 off £75 spend so may try them tonight. Was going to use sainsburies as i like their hour time slot and I can often make the price similar to tesco/asda. Thanks for tips! Any money saving advice is always welcomed as our weekly shop is edging closer and closer to £100 plus at moment and im not liking it!

You'll like ocado better than sains then as their slots are 1/2 hourly till 11pm!! You won't have to do anything to see the price match, it shows on screen as you're ordering each brand. Non branded foods aren't matched though but I'm not sure they are in any supermarket, could be wrong though. Have fun!!

Nice one! Can i ask one more question about it sorry!! Does this price match thing work on my supermarket as thats what i normally use for my shopping?

I tried EE with my Mum and we both put weight on. :(
I don't know if we made mistakes somewhere but we both decided to just stick to what we know works x

Hi Jay Jay, where in L'pool are you? Another Scouser here :D

I think 1/3 superfree is definitely the key. I do EE but tend to keep carb heavy meals to a minority- I'll only have a couple a week as I find they get me a bit bloated. I suppose everyone is different though. Just have a mess about with it and see where it gets you! Good luck x

I've lost 13stone 5 pounds since august 2010 on EE so yes it definitely works, but like any "diet" it takes effort on your part to stick to the "rules"..
since pasta n sauce etc normally require cooking on the stove for 20 mins or so you can easily do something fresh in that same time..
a roast chicken dinner is 10 mins prep then 40 mins in the oven / electric steamer so you don't have to watch it cook..

Hi Jay Jay, where in L'pool are you? Another Scouser here :D

I think 1/3 superfree is definitely the key. I do EE but tend to keep carb heavy meals to a minority- I'll only have a couple a week as I find they get me a bit bloated. I suppose everyone is different though. Just have a mess about with it and see where it gets you! Good luck x

Hi im in south liverpool, hunts cross. I found last time i lost loads on green only days so im not sure if its the carbs that im struggling with but i do feel bloated a lot of time. I have been going gym three times a week to which i dont normally do so i wonder if this is having an affect somehow. Every 'diet' i do i normally lose really easily (just dont stick to it!) so its thrown me a bit particularly as i have a fair amount to lose. Have increased my drinking and veg since posting and no change on scales yet but need to give it time.

There are some arguments that suggest exercise may slow down the loss on the scales but you will see and feel it a lot quicker than without exercise.

Have you completely got to grips with the diet? I presume your consultant has taken your diary to look over it, she will no doubt find any mistakes if there are any. It might be a good idea to start a food diary or weight loss diary here on the forum- you will get lots of hints, tips and support around these parts.

You have about the same to lose as me, so I know how daunting it feels, but don't let week 1 put you off!! I first did EE in Nov 2010 and I lost 5lb in my first week, then gained 2lb in the second, lost 4lb, gained 1lb....but it worked itself out in the end :D

Stick to it xx

Back