extra easy-is it working for you?

I used to do Green and Red days as I did not understand EE untul a lovely person on the forum explained it to me.

Although Red days suited my condition best (dangrously anemic), I was not too happy with it as not enough carb allowed, so I stuck to Green day and not getting enough meat. But when I got my head around EE I was delighted as I could have meat as well as carbs with loads of superfree food.

Now I do EE and some exercise and plenty of fluid and since 21st december (4 weeks) I have lost 10.5lbs.

Next weeks I am going to fit in a couple of days of Red and Green just to vary my diet- as they say variety is spice of life.

Extra Easy

Hi,

i started slimming world in the summer of last year. One thing that might help is having your daily syn allowance as part of your meals rather than as extras sometimes. I find if i have separate syns such as crisps etc i don't lose much weight whereas if I integrate them into a meal in sauces or cheese or something then i lose a bit more.
Also you mentioned you are eating a lot of the 'pasta and sauce' or the savoury rice. I find because these have quite a lot of additives they can make me retain water sometimes. I tend to make quick pasta sauces using passata and some ham with a few herbs to season.
A great recipe i did find which can be made up in advance with the pasta and sauces is to mix them in with eggs and then put the mixture in a casserole dish and bake in the oven. Maybe add some cheese on top and it makes a pasta/omelette type dish. with a side salad or roasted veg its nice.
Hope this helps :)

Hi,

i started slimming world in the summer of last year. One thing that might help is having your daily syn allowance as part of your meals rather than as extras sometimes. I find if i have separate syns such as crisps etc i don't lose much weight whereas if I integrate them into a meal in sauces or cheese or something then i lose a bit more.
Also you mentioned you are eating a lot of the 'pasta and sauce' or the savoury rice. I find because these have quite a lot of additives they can make me retain water sometimes. I tend to make quick pasta sauces using passata and some ham with a few herbs to season.
A great recipe i did find which can be made up in advance with the pasta and sauces is to mix them in with eggs and then put the mixture in a casserole dish and bake in the oven. Maybe add some cheese on top and it makes a pasta/omelette type dish. with a side salad or roasted veg its nice.
Hope this helps :)

I agree with this all. I definitely do not lose much when I start eating a lot of processed foods- I used to hammer the low fat supernoodles in work and it hindered my losses even though it was free food.

I do a mix of red, green and extra easy days. I love my carbs but similarly as JezVonSavage mentioned earlier they can cause my stomach to bloat therefore I tend to have only 1 or 2 green days a week.

Almost 70lbs in 20 odd weeks all EE!

A tip that works for me (both oh & I work long hours & have a teenager) when I get in I put new potatoes in microwave bag for 5-6 mins when cooked spray with frylite throw in oven with either chicken breasts, salmon etc & put veg into a microwave bag cook between6-10 mins in 30-40 mins roast meal. The micro bags are great for pre-cooking wedges/Sw chips. Most mornings I have egg & bacon & fill a micro bag with mushrooms & cherry tomatoes. Got my last lot of bags from tesco 40 for £2.00. They are my mid week lifesavers & save on washing up!!! Just something that helps me fill my plate 1/3 every meal. Good luck on your journey everyone. Xx

Hello! I'm new to extra easy too coming from Atkins, I'm not used to the carbs at all and am struggling a bit getting my head round it all. As others have said, stick to the rules and have a bit of faith. My weight loss isn't great purely down to xmas and my love of wine and a feeder of a partner lol. I didn't understand or believe in Atkins at first but I lost 3.5st on that! (don't do it now as my man lives with me and it's expensive! ) Good luck :)

Jo43 said:
A tip that works for me (both oh & I work long hours & have a teenager) when I get in I put new potatoes in microwave bag for 5-6 mins when cooked spray with frylite throw in oven with either chicken breasts, salmon etc & put veg into a microwave bag cook between6-10 mins in 30-40 mins roast meal. The micro bags are great for pre-cooking wedges/Sw chips. Most mornings I have egg & bacon & fill a micro bag with mushrooms & cherry tomatoes. Got my last lot of bags from tesco 40 for £2.00. They are my mid week lifesavers & save on washing up!!! Just something that helps me fill my plate 1/3 every meal. Good luck on your journey everyone. Xx

Sounds brilliant! I must go in search of those bags.

I think dunelm & Lakeland do them, some are more expensive but can be reused (they have a zippy thing) the ones I use now just have a tear off strip & I only use once. My best find. Xx

I've recently bought some of these bags and they really are marvellous!

I've been taking them to work and having mixed veg (usually the supermarket pre-prepared stuff which saves me even more time!) with a seasoned chicken breast. I've even been known to throw in a bit of curry powder or Chinese 5 spice in- everyone keeps commenting on how fab it smells and it puts their crappy little buttie to shame!!! All ready in under 6 mins- nom nom nommy :eatdrink023:

Yes, fab, but it defo takes longer than the reccomended time. I dice all of the meat just to cook it a bit quicker and blast it for 8 mins total, but the packet actually says you can cook a whole breast in 5-6 mins. Bollox!

Ah I got given some of these for Xmas (! :eek: :8855: ) not had a go yet, might do me chicken in it tomorrow then. Although by sound o that it'll take the same time as it would in the oven :D

It might just be my bags Ermy, I've heard there are various qualiites and some reusable ones etc. Mine are the bog standard pound shop ones so prob not the best!

Bu it's definitely handy for work and no denying that I get a tasty meal for lunch :D

have only ever tried the EE on slimming wokld and only into week 4 so far. Managed to loose 20.5lbs on it so far.

I do 3 sessions at the gym a week (45mins zumba, 45min LBT and 1 hour proper gym) - only exercise i get during the week.

Due to my work hours / gym nights i often dont get in till 7-8pm (out at 8am ) and often cant be bothered with cooking fully. One thing i;ve found really quick and yet filling and tasty is noodle stir fries with chicken / beef / choice of meat and low fat / cal stir fry sauces. Dont take long to cook, can add tons of veg that you like and really filling.

I'm also really hard on my syns and normally have 5 a day. Other thing i try to do to keep shopping bill down is plan my weeks meals out in advance as i'm terrible for going shopping and just adding bits.

Only thing i can say is stick with it and give it a little while longer. If its still not working try some red or green days instead.

I like your list of rewards Liz :)

Back