Extra Easy Meals to Freeze??

Have a look on the recipe section hun - loads on there that would be lovely from frozen x

stew, chilli, chicken, pork, chips, roast pot, meatballs,sweet and sour, oh my god i could go on and on most things will freeze

currys, chillis, hearty chicken stew, goulash, bolognaise, beef in ale, there loads hun. most meals can be frozen on sw :) then again i freeze everything heehee x

Pretty much anything can be frozen with the exception of dishes with a high dairy content. I've found that the very low fat dairy stuff doesn't react well to freezing.

I freeze a lot of sw friendly stuff. I got into the habit of making extra so when its just me I don't have to worry about cooking, and so far I haven't had a bad batch. Rice dishes also freeze well, e.g paella, risotto and plain rice. Just remember not to over cook them or they can become mushy when they defrost.

I do big batches when I have a minute and freeze them too .. much easier and simple to pla for a week . I find the EE recipe book and the one pot one are invaluable and contain loads of stuff you can freeze .
I normally do a chilli, butternut squash and bacon rissoto , ratatoullie , chicken sofrita ( MMMMM) , fish pie ...
I have just this min done a chilli so know the recipe ....

Fry 1 onion chopped finely and 3 crushed cloves of garlic in a little fry lite in a non stick pan for a few minutes . add 1-2 tsp paprika or cayenne pepper , 2 tsp cinnamon , 2 tsp cumin , and 500 g extra lean beef mince . Fry for 4-5 mins .
Add a yellow and a red pepper chopped , and 1 400 g tin of chopped toms , cover and simmer for 20-25 mins .
Add 1 tin of kidney beans in chilli sauce and 1 tin of mixed beans and simmer a further 10 mins .

This is yummy served with brown rice and I put 2 laughing cow light triangles ( HEXA ) in the middle .. yummmmmy

I so fancy chili at the moment now ;)

Back