Extra easy not doing the job for me, so back to basics!!

Dear diary,
Yesterday was an ok day. I did have a wee hiccup in the afternoon when some friends and their kids came over with coffee. One of them made some sugar free, flour free cookies, bless! They tasted ok but not as good as the non sugar free, non flour free muffins and shortbread that the other girlies bought!!! I had a few nibbles, well probably 1 mini muffin and half a shortbread but synned it. I think working out every morning should help with slip ups like that, I hope so anyway!
So I went on to have spicy chicken fajitas (without the tortilla for me), but I wasn't that hungry anyway.
Today has gone a bit like this:
B: Magic porridge 28g with raspberry muller light, banana on top.
Snack:Apple

L: now, this is a bit dodgy. I made my own sushi, two entire rolls chopped up with salmon and cucumber inside. I've been eating it throughout the day but after looking at the threads on here it's really low in syns so I'm hoping it should be ok.

D: SW chilli and rice

I'm dying for a glass of wine but I really want to wait until tomorrow night, the start of our weekend here..I also dreamt about buttery toast with peanut butter, I could even taste it, nom nom nom.
Weigh in Friday, if I see a big lose it will be all i need to keep at it!!
TA xx

Also got my first "have you lost weight?" comment. Felt good that someone noticed, even if it's only 8lbs so far!

Good morning diary!
Had some rubbish news last night. The house we're in the process of buying is about to fall down!! The survey report came back with 200,000 pounds of work to be done to make it safe, as that's more than the worth of the house it's not worth doing it. So, we leave here in 8 weeks and have to live with the in-laws!
Anyway, it was obviously not meant to be. Usually that sort of news would have me reaching for the wine but I was very controlled last night, yay me!
So today's menu:
B: bacon, poached egg on 2xslices of bread (400g loaf) HEB

L: Chinese noodle soup, rice noodles, pak choi, stock, ginger, garlic, spinach.

D: Salmon with soy sauce, mange tout, baby corn, rice.

Bit of a chinese theme today.

I'll have a load of fruit and tea and coffee to use up my HEA and I'll probably have a big glass of wine tonight as it's the weekend at last, yeehaa!

Be back tomorrow with the weigh in results.
TA xx

1lb gain and I've lost the plot...

It's Friday morning, just weighed myself and I've gained a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How is this possible?!! Can anyone can look at what I've eaten this past week and tell me where I'm going wrong? So fed up. I worked out every single day, ate lots of free food, kept within my syns. It's not time of the month either so I can't see any reason.
I will not let this throw me off track. I needed to lose 1lb to get into the 15's and instead I'm further back into the 16's! I know it's only 1lb but still, it's on not off :(

Last edited:
I'm sitting here writing this feeling a bit sorry for myself. Got my work out gear on but bugger all motivation! I totally lost the plot over the weekend, 2 bottles of wine, not at the same time;), 2 takeaways, a burger for lunch yesterday and all because I didn't get the loss I'd hoped for after a really good week. Guess I'll just keep plugging away.

B: 2 slices 440g loaf bread HEB, turkey ham, 1 egg.

Pineapple, melon

L: pasta salad: salmon, broccoli, spinach, cherry toms. Mixed with 25g of extra light philly

D: will decide after I've done the food shop today, probably stir fry

I've been thinking I may need to up my free food with my meals. I'm have lots of fruit throughout the day but my dinner sometimes 1/3 of veg.

Anyway, it's a new week!! Maybe last week will show on the scales this week!!!

Things to look forward to...my mum coming to stay for 2 weeks on Tuesday, girls night out on Saturday!
Bye for now xx

So after still not having lost an ounce I've decided to go back to basics and do what I did to lose the 8lbs last month. From now on I'll have alternate green/red days. If it worked before surely it must work again!!!!
Green day today.
B: Banana (my 3 year old pinched half of it), apple, weetabix HEB, skimmed milk 200ml, some of HEA
L: Fritatta made with 4 eggs, sliced new pots, peppers, mushrooms, spring onion, 40g LF cheese HEA
had 1/3 of fritatta with green salad
D: Spaghetti and pesto. I luuurrve pesto so I'm going to have some and syn it once I find out how much I can have.

Snacks: handful of cherries, 1 WW fat free lemon tart yoghurt which was so nice!

I also did Davina's pump dvd this morning. That's the one thing I have been able to stick to and I've done the pump or cardio box 5 times a week for 4 weeks now. My husband says my shape is changing but it's not showing on the scales :(
My Mum's flight got cancelled because of the volcanic ash, so hopefully she'll be here tomorrow. She's covers everything in butter and doesn't "do" veg so I'll have to be careful as she likes to help with cooking!

oops. Just had 10 smarties, why? Don't know not even worth it really. They were Saudi smarties as well, tasted all funny. I feel like I'm talking to myself ALOT on here!! I hope someone joins in soon! xx

It's ok, a whole tube is only 9 syns so it won't take me over my syns for today which are only 6. I really enjoyed my pasta and pesto, and it's th first time I have ever eaten it while on plan..it's feels "naughty" to me as it's pesto which is not allowed in my head! It got me thinking that I pretty much always have syn free meals. I never use my syns to make a meal into something I would've eaten before I embarked on this whole weight loss thing. In fact I'm not sure I use my syns wisely at all. Basically I spend all week depriving myself a bag of crisps or anything that I think is synful and binge at the weekend. So I'm going to try a new approach!! Use 10 syns a day, and stick to the plan 7DAYS A WEEK! Not using every Thursday evening and all day Friday as a free food eat what I like day, but to eat food I really enjoy, and using my syns to stop myself feeling deprived, every day!!
Let's see how it goes, but here's to a new approach (for me anyway) that will get this weight off once and for all!!!

Hi T A
I tend to use my syns daily- sometimes as a beer, extra cheese or choc or something. I guess keeping it varied is the key!
Keep going, seems like you are doing great!
Tracy x

Hi tracy,
Thanks for your comments! I'm not just talking to myself after all ha ha!
What do you do syn wise if you have a night out planned, or several in a week? I find it really hard especially when we go to eat at a friends and they have cooked. Do you plan for it syn wise or just try and restrain yourself then get back on plan next day? I've always saved my syns for the weekend but that's not working out too well! I'd really like to work this plan into my life as I'm in it for the long haul, any advice would be great :)

Well I am no expert - all I know comes from here :)

If I know I am going out I save syns that day and maybe cut down day before and after if I need it. Or, just go out, eat, enjoy! You are right, we need this to be life long so just enjoy!
We don't eat out often so it is not too difficult for me, sounds like you are more sociable! Lol
Have you joined any of the weigh teams on here? I am on Sunday weigh thread- less lonely than a diary as lots of people join in xx

Hiya Hun.

Only just seen your thread. Thought I'd pop in. Soz your feeling lonely lol. I'm on the thurs WI thread and you can catch me in my diary (Jules diary)

This is only my first week myself although ive been on the forum for a while on the LL one. Seems to me if you use your syns the flexible way. You could start with 105 syns and work your way down from there. That means if you have a nite out planned you can have a blow out but limit your sins through the week to compensate.

Have a great day.

Hugs

XxJulesxX

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll def do the friday weigh in thing Tracy and I think I must be a flexi sinner Jules! Although I seem to use it as an excuse to eat all weekend!
Anyway, this weekend I have actually managed to reign it in a bit. I'm feeling better since my dalliance with EE, red and green are the way to go for me. Tonight it's a night out with the girls, to the Ritz so fancy cocktails and bar snacks. I'm planning to have a big plate of pasta before I go and not order any food, and only have 3 drinks. I know, I know, easier said than done!!! Especially as I'm moving back to the UK in 6 weeks now, and as my husband will be working away nights out with the girls will be a rare thing. But I'm going to try anyway, and add to that my 3 year old gets up at 5am, the baby at 6 and the boys have school tomorrow maybe getting plastered isn't a great idea hahaha!
So, I'm doing alternate R/G so today is green:
B: Porridge 28g, apple, muller light
L: Bread HEB,, scrambled eggs, melon, pineapple
D: Pasta with tom sauce

I know it doesn't seem like a lot today but I had a thai takeaway last night. Just noodles and chicken but I was on red so it may not have been the best thing! Didn't have starters or wine though!!

Back