extra easy, original or green????

I've been doing EE for 6 months and have just decided to try Original and Green days. I'm a slow loser on EE and will be interested to see how mixing the different plans up will work, but my main reason for trying the different plans is that I'll need to refocus to make sure I'm doing them correctly!

Good luck!

I do a mixture of all 3 each week and that works for me. My weigh in day is Wednesday so I'll do green days on Thursday and Friday, the weekend I'll do extra easy and then mon,tue,wed I'll do red days. My losses have been good this way x

shrinkydinkydoo said:
I do a mixture of all 3 each week and that works for me. My weigh in day is Wednesday so I'll do green days on Thursday and Friday, the weekend I'll do extra easy and then mon,tue,wed I'll do red days. My losses have been good this way x

I just tried to make sense of all the different plans, but it's laid out in a really complicated way in the book! Or maybe it's just me being dumb :(

charl_young said:
I just tried to make sense of all the different plans, but it's laid out in a really complicated way in the book! Or maybe it's just me being dumb :(

What it basically is:

Red: All meat, NO rice, pasta, potatoes, parsnips are allowed unless using them as a measured HE (explains in book about measurements)

Green: All rice, lentils, beans, pasta, potatoes and NO meat unless using it as a measured HE (also in book)

You have 1-2 HE A's and 2 HE B's

Hope I've explained that ok! :)

I love Green, i'm a real carboholic but I have better losses on Red, I don't really do Red as I just don't enjoy them, i'd rather loose slowly and enjoy what i'm eating! I think you need to stick to one each week and see what your losses are like that way you'll know which one works best for you! If your doing Red you should try and have carbs as your HE as totally depriving your body of carbs isn't good for you! :)

I have just done 3 weeks of original and have had very few carbs but am back on EE as from today. My body is crying out for a bit of pasta ( or a lot of pasta lol ) and rice. As my star week is nearly here I want to fill myself with some bulk so I am less tempted to gaze at the biccy tin x

You're not being dumb! I know the plan inside out and upside down but sometimes when I re read the book I think to a newbie it could be seen as a bit confusing x
One day it will just click into place - a bit like riding a bike lol x

The orange food optimising book is predominantly for the ee plan, it has to mention the other plans as ee is a mash up of them both. I've worked out green and red from my book and it took a lot of flicking pages back and forth and re reading- not easy at all I agree! (although I'd probably have better losses on red I'm in no hurry to try as by the sound of it you would get meat sweats!) but I wonder if consultants are allowed to give out the green plan book if the member joined on ee and switched? Does anyone know? X

Last edited:
ScarlettStar86 said:
The orange food optimising book is predominantly for the ee plan, it has to mention the other plans as ee is a mash up of them both. I've worked out green and red from my book and it took a lot of flicking pages back and forth and re reading- not easy at all I agree! (although I'd probably have better losses on red I'm in no hurry to try as by the sound of it you would get meat sweats!) but I wonder if consultants are allowed to give out the green plan book if the member joined on ee and switched? Does anyone know? X

Yeah it's a very confusing book and I know the plan inside out aswell!

You could ask your consultant if she has a copy of the Green book, my consultant gave me one and it's brilliant, she had quite a few at home thankfully!

vanilla_cupcake said:
Yeah it's a very confusing book and I know the plan inside out aswell!

You could ask your consultant if she has a copy of the Green book, my consultant gave me one and it's brilliant, she had quite a few at home thankfully!

Thank I think I will, my consultant has just left unfortunately but might test the water with the new person! X

slowlyslowly said:
i have been doing extra easy for a year now, i am thinking or flitting between extra easy original and green as i jnow there are some members in my group who do that and are very successful, wondered if anyone else does this and if it works for them?, i am worried i will get confused and fall easily off plan

Hi there. In the interests of balance I will share my experience of trying to swap between plans :)

About 6 months ago I thought I should do this, to increase my weight loss. Lots of. People on here where going red & green Syns and loosing more than me. I had only done extra easy up to. Then. This is the first time I've tried Saw so I had never done red & green days before.

I found that I was having to cook different meals on green days as my husband this a meal without meat is not a proper meal. I remember very clearly making egg, chips & beans on a Green day - then cooking my hubby a gammon steak to have with it - it was torture! On a red day I was starving unless I had a really really filling breakfast (like an omelette) but that wasn't always possible so again, torture. After about a month I was feeling so deprived I lost the plot, and if I'm totally honest, I've been playing the plan (with the odd week of being properly good) ever since. I have in the last week had a massive wake up call & am totally focused again.

Now, I did actually do a red day yesterday, and I have figured out how to stop feeling hungry (eat more is the main thing) so maybe I will throw a few more in, but I won't touch green days & i won't make a habit of swapping between plans.

Good luck whatever you decide to do Hun x

So I'm trying to mix it up!! Today is a green day for me! Although just to get this straight, when your doing green or red, you don't have to focus on the superfree food so much do you? Just realised I've already had both my HexB's as I got confused, oops, no planned turkey kebabs for me tonight :( Here goooes! xx

i have been doing extra easy for a year now, i am thinking or flitting between extra easy original and green as i jnow there are some members in my group who do that and are very successful, wondered if anyone else does this and if it works for them?, i am worried i will get confused and fall easily off plan

I've done extra easy but found my losses to be better on red and green x

i think you have to have third super free on all plans, i am on original today but had lots of fruit and salad as my super free, i am on green tomorrow again, the home scales already show a loss having done green and original over 2 days....

slowlyslowly said:
i think you have to have third super free on all plans, i am on original today but had lots of fruit and salad as my super free, i am on green tomorrow again, the home scales already show a loss having done green and original over 2 days....

Ok! Thanks! If you don't mind could you have a look at my food diary and see if I'm getting it right? X

Back