extra easy, original or green????

Interesting to see this thread, I too have been on Extra Easy and found my losses slowing, stopping or turning into gains :sigh2::eek: So I am trying green days this week with the occasional red to see if it makes a difference (also not 100% I was doing EE correctly :) )

kingleds said:
I found that I was having to cook different meals on green days as my husband this a meal without meat is not a proper meal. I remember very clearly making egg, chips & beans on a Green day - then cooking my hubby a gammon steak to have with it - it was torture!

I know you seem to have found a good balance now with your red days but just wanted to offer an idea for if you did want to give green a go again one day :)
I always save one of my hex b's for dinner on a green day so I can have meat/fish or whatever along with my other half. He ends up with the bigger portion obv but at least that way we can eat the same dinners and I dont feel like I'm missing out xx

ScarlettStar86 said:
I know you seem to have found a good balance now with your red days but just wanted to offer an idea for if you did want to give green a go again one day :)
I always save one of my hex b's for dinner on a green day so I can have meat/fish or whatever along with my other half. He ends up with the bigger portion obv but at least that way we can eat the same dinners and I dont feel like I'm missing out xx

I do that too!

ScarlettStar86 said:

I did try that, but tbh it just wasn't enough meat for me ;)

ScarlettStar86 said:

Hi Hun. Yah, I did try that, and it was fine on a day where I was having prawns with my main meal,as the portion size was fine, but I really struggled with any proper meat, like chicken. Basically, I like my meat ;)

I find it much easier to restrict my carbs than protein. But I know loads of people (including my consultant) who LOVE green days, so they obviously work for a lot of people.

kingleds said:
Hi Hun. Yah, I did try that, and it was fine on a day where I was having prawns with my main meal,as the portion size was fine, but I really struggled with any proper meat, like chicken. Basically, I like my meat ;)

I find it much easier to restrict my carbs than protein. But I know loads of people (including my consultant) who LOVE green days, so they obviously work for a lot of people.

Opps! Double post!

kingleds said:

That's why I think its great there are different plans to suit the person/day/week etc. I've been looking at red but I'm a bit unsure still to be honest, can't quite get my head around it.
I only tried green for the first time last week, just a couple of days in an ee week and I got my biggest loss since week 1! :) having an alternate ee/green day week this week to see if it was a fluke (if so it may end my enthusiasm for green!) Haha :)

I just did my first green day, and I am so full, and feeling pretty nice!! I thought I'd miss meat, I need to find some good recipies though or I'll end up eating quorn all the time!! xx

charl_young said:
I just did my first green day, and I am so full, and feeling pretty nice!! I thought I'd miss meat, I need to find some good recipies though or I'll end up eating quorn all the time!! xx

Baked bean lasagne, mushy pea curry and SW chips, egg and beans are my green day faves :) x x

Baked bean lasagne, mushy pea curry and SW chips, egg and beans are my green day faves :) x x

Thank yoou! :) I just saw someone post about homemade falafell's I think they would make a good green day tea :) x

ScarlettStar86 said:
i need to try baked bean lasagne, my other half keeps asking why you would want to put beans in a lasagne! don't think he gets that the beans are instead of the meat! will make it when he's out one day and give it to him for dinner so he can't complain! lol

It's lovely my OH loves it :)

ScarlettStar86 said:
I'm sure he will like it, its just convincing him of that before i start cooking! i made smash pizza tonight and he was totally unconvinced till he tried it! x

Smash pizza? How do you make that? X

I have been a slow loser too and I decided to incorporate 3 red days last week and my weight loss went from 0.5 to 1.5 lbs. I was really pleased and I'm trying the same this week in case it was just a coincidence. I shall update on Thursday after weigh-in. I figu it doesn't hurt to mix and match a little.

Just wanted to update...
I lost another 1.5. Lb this week and I'm over the moon. So, I think that mixing red days in my week does work for me. This is what I'll be doing from now on I think. Red days during the week and EE on weekends, inc. Fridays. :)

pamsie said:
Just wanted to update...
I lost another 1.5. Lb this week and I'm over the moon. So, I think that mixing red days in my week does work for me. This is what I'll be doing from now on I think. Red days during the week and EE on weekends, inc. Fridays. :)

ThAts really good! Well done! I've been mixing green and EE and going to do a red on Monday, I hope the experimenting works!! X

Back