Extra Easy Extra Easy Portion Control

flabtofit

Gold Member
Sorry if this has been asked before but I know you can eat as much free/superfree food as you want as long as you stop when your full.

The thing is, I don't think I've got an off button - I don't stop when I'm full, I just eat until I've finished my plate.

So my question is, how does everyone 'portion' their food?

I thought if I portioned my plate properly, it wouldn't matter if I ate it all.

Thanks for your help in advance! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

But a smaller plate, not majorly smaller but about an inch smaller than what youre using now. ou r brains are a weird function, they think that you have to eat everything on your plate, mainly because we have all been brought up that way and not to waste food so we eat until the plates empty and then our brain signals that weve finished.

By using a smaller plate with smaller amounts of food this should have the same effect.

You could also drink a glass of ice cold water before drinking.

try this

diet plates - Google Search

Thanks! Will try a smaller plate. Just wish my brain would register when I'm full lol

I've moved to a smaller plate, it still looks full but I get less on it.

I've bought a sideplate but that looks too small. Where did you get your plate?

I put most of my food in a bowl then it makes it look more
sonetimes i use plates thats when my portion can get bigger cause its spread out lol so i tend to just put my foods in a normal cereal bowl and it does help,
I've been brought up to not waste food either so i always eat everything on my plate lol, but when i really get my head into it i think no I'm full i can save the rest for tomorrows lunch ect, its hard but when your really motivated your brain can trick you

I put most of my food in a bowl then it makes it look more
sonetimes i use plates thats when my portion can get bigger cause its spread out lol so i tend to just put my foods in a normal cereal bowl and it does help,
I've been brought up to not waste food either so i always eat everything on my plate lol, but when i really get my head into it i think no I'm full i can save the rest for tomorrows lunch ect, its hard but when your really motivated your brain can trick you

I was also brought up not to waste food and to clear my plate. I find it quite hard as I always tend to cook more than needed and find it difficult to leave it.

The new plate doesn't seem to help as I just pile it higher to make it fit on lol. Maybe I'll try a bowl.

I seem to be having good losses and I do have a big appetite - I'm just conscious of the need to reduce portion size as I still seem to eat the same size portions as I did when I was 3st heavier!

I seem to be having good losses and I do have a big appetite - I'm just conscious of the need to reduce portion size as I still seem to eat the same size portions as I did when I was 3st heavier!

does it say anywhere in the book to be conscious of portion sizes? Does the book tell you to reduce portion sizes as you lose weight? Does the book tell you to use a smaller plate? In fact, I don't even think it says to stop when you are full.....

I think the book says "the only limit is your appetite"

You are eating big portions, you have lost 3 stone and you are still having good losses. Why on earth try to change things?????

Back