Extra Easy: QUICK & EASY MEALS/READY MEALS

xkirstie30x

:happy036:HI ALL!!! NEW HERE.....

Asking for help on the days I'm really busy and get in late on syn-free/low-syn meals that I can do quick, I enjoy cooking but sometimes so tired to start again after working with food all day.

Any help would be amazing i have over 2 stone to shed for a girls hen party in Benidorm in June
:cross:

I know there are some low syn ready meals available but not sure which ones they are. My advice would be to bulk cook, freeze in portions take them out in the morning and the. It is just heating them up when you get in, or a slow cooker if you have time in the mornings. Someone else can help with low syn ready meals I am sure

The best thing to do is to plan ahead I think. I know you can be really tired when you get in from work so it's easier to do the work in advance - otherwise you won't eat healthily. Fail to prepare = prepare to fail! There are certain things you can grab that are free but they're normally quite processed i.e. pasta n sauce etc.

I tend to be quite busy during the week so I batch cook at the weekend or when I do have time to cook I try and make a few extra portions and then freeze in individual portions. My freezer is full of portions of tomato risotto, pulled pork, chilli, spag bol etc.

I also always have linda mccartney red onion and rosemary sausages in the freezer (syn free) so I can shove them in the oven and eat with veg, bread roll (hexb) and beans/mushy peas etc.

I think the time taken to prepare ready meals is not worth the effort a lot of the time and is not often quicker than making your own quick meals with the right contents in the cupboards/freezer!

Having homemade, healthy "ready meals" which you can defrost in the morning or zap in the evening is a much healthier way of losing the weight by getting into the right habits! x

Back