Extra Easy: Slimming world Doughnuts.....go on give them a try

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Charlie_Chameleon82, 27 January 2014.

1. So my consultant introduced us to SW doughnuts last week. and although i was initially sceptical, they are my new favourite low syn treat.

Take a 60g wholemean bread bun (either use it as your heB or syn it)
    cut in half and make small slits/holes in the top of each half
    I filled mine with 2 lvl tsp of jam in each (total 2 syns) but you could use nutella, custard or anything you like really.

Spray all round with fry light and roll in granulated sweetener then pop in the oven for 10 minutes on 200 degrees C

YUMMY..... enjoy! :wow:
  2. lentil2

lentil2 Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm I guess its a matter of taste but I'd rather have a wholemeal roll dunked in soup or filled with some cheese.
    Each to their own....... ;)
  3. Princess_Stevie

Princess_Stevie Well-Known Member

Saw these on ********* and they looked fab!

Although the cutting them in half and cutting slits in them confused me. So do you make two donuts with one roll, is that what you're saying? I would keep the roll whole, make a little hole in it and pop the jam in the middle. Then roll in the sweetener and bake. All personal preference though!
  4. Rochelle1

Rochelle1 Well-Known Member

I am waiting til I can get to marks and spencer for their little mini sub rolls! They're gorgeous bread rolls and you can have two as hexb. I've got tesco jam in already and it's coming up as two syns for a whole tablespoon :) looking forward to trying them though!
  5. yoyo1986

yoyo1986 Well-Known Member

Subscribing, these sound yummy!!!
  6. Princess_Stevie,
    yeah i cut my bun in half to make 2 doughnuts but my consultant keeps hers whole and makes 1 large one, i just prefer the sweetness and texture of 2 smaller ones (plus more jam) :)
  7. yummymummylinzi

yummymummylinzi Well-Known Member

Def going to try this, thanks :) x
  8. becki2009

becki2009 Well-Known Member

This may be a silly question but how do you get a hole in the bun...just a knife?
  9. sazzlebag

sazzlebag Member

Fantastic idea! Will def be trying this!
  10. xxnatilyxx

xxnatilyxx Well-Known Member

great idea definitely on my to try list!
  11. Rochelle1

Rochelle1 Well-Known Member

Ok, I've fallen in love with these things. The m&s mini rolls worked so well too! Having again tonight :)

Attached Files:

12. yoyo1986

yoyo1986 Well-Known Member

Omg, they look scrummy!!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app
  13. Ymf

Ymf Active Member

They look amazing! Definitely going on the list, thanks for the recipe and pictures :)
  14. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

I think that is another one for me to try too.

Thank you for posting it.
  15. becki2009

16. sazzlebag

sazzlebag Member

Looks yummy! I cut mine like that the first time; but I preferred cutting the actual bun in half down the middle. Felt more like a doughnut and less like a jam sandwich :)
  17. becki2009

Mine came pre cut :/ it was really good!!!
  18. jenniecakes

jenniecakes Well-Known Member

I might try these. I've really missed sweet snacks this week. Other than that I may try and find some low syn chocolatey snacks.
  19. smurfette84

smurfette84 Well-Known Member

These look really yummy xx gonna give them a try x
  20. i love them...you can almost fool yourself into thinking your eating an actual doughnut, if you close you eyes :)
    Yours look banging Rochelle, might have to try the bread roll idea as opposed to bread buns.
    Did you enjoy it Becky?

glad you guys like the recipe, im so please my consultant shared :)
    theres a new one using cauliflower blended and baked to make a pizza base i wanna try and a homemade burger that you cut the middle out and cook an egg in it, will post the recipes when i've tried and tested :)