Sophie's Slimming World and Cinema critiques!

I am reallybglad I dont have scales I can just jump on, Cheeky! When I did in Dubai I was on and off them every other hour!! I WI on my wii fit which takes time to boot up and logs everything- means it is less sly to jump on and I would feel guilty while it loaded up :p
But yeah- good idea not to weigh immediately but I will once I get my period as I know then pre-period bloating will be lost- I would wait longer like you are doig but I want to know how much damage I did while away and then how quickly I am erasing it, you know? I kinda need that shock to the system if it is bad so that I will control myself better next time. I had a burger king meal and a panini at the airport this weekend (2 seperate days) and bread just does bad things to me generally :( I also had a subway sandwich yesterday because I was STARVING and a bit hysterical about it and needed more than a salad (pre period I get that way!) but it was a 350cal meal so not awful.
Today will be 100% on plan- and the second flight day on Sun was my best flight ever syns wise- I went 0 aspartame and it made a huge difference!! Usually I drink a lot of diet pepsi on the flight and one before while at airport and I think that makes quite a huge difference on my sugar cravings. I am attempting to go aspartame free for a bit, maybe will have the odd diet drink but am tryig to avoid them generally diet yoghurts/dessert pots!
Basically though I am going to start counting syns/measuring hexs/being 100% on plan for the first time since pre-travels- this time last year! I am nearly a stone up from my lowest now and determined to shed it asap!
X

How're you doing? I'd never be off scales if they were in my house. At least the ones at work are in the main corridor, so you have to pick your moments wisely or everyone will see lol

It's up to you when you WI! I've just found it a bit easier to put the numbers out of my head and concentrate on healthy food :) I needed to know how bad things were after Xmas/NY tho, so I understand that.

I hate hysterical hunger and you just have to eat. Such a horrible feeling :( Really feel for you there.xx

Hey dude! I'm totally bogged down with period discomfort - I skipped one with the pill over xmas, the one before that was just after I got back from India and then I skipped the previous one while I was away, so I've not had as many but I think they kinda build up and unleash extra uncomfort/bleurrgh-ness!

Anyway, wii tells me it has been 9 days since WI and I'm impressed with that as usually I'm itching to get on the scales after 3 days! But despite dodgy eating in Qatar, *week loss prevails again and I lost 3lbs! Probably more since I didn't weigh after I got back ;) had a few semi on plan days to debloat a bit...! So am chuffed about that! I'm now at 13st 12lbs so still half a stone away from my lowest but moving in the right direction.
I'm half on plan like before, not strictly, but once period is over (sugar cravings/wild appetite) I'm going to challenge myself to a few 100% days. I have a social things coming up though including a Korean lunch on Sunday with my asian loving friends, a rock band day on Sun eve and a housewarming tomorrow, so will try stay off the alcohol at... eh... one of them? :rolleyes: hahaha

So relieved to not have gained again, cycle makes such a huge difference on everything and really I can eat whatever I want the week before and get a loss after *week, stupid... then if I eat half good another week I'll gain! Stupid body.

How are you feeling after so long off the scales, Cheeky? I'm not obsessed about them right now which is nice.

Testing the app on my new phone- last one couldnt upload pictures for some reason so trying to attach one here now!

Burnt nearly 1000 cal today over a 2hr period according to my polar heart rate monitor :D I did some exerbeat (boxercise wii game) and 30 day shred level one -- twice! I didnt expect to make it through since I'd heard a lot of people go on about how tough it is but I guess that is while trying to do the exercises when feeling beaten up from the day before! I am surprised by my fitness actually, I really didnt find it that tough, but sadly it wreaked havok on my knee as there are loads of lunges, star jumps, bum-kicks and press ups (I can only manage women's ones), towards the end and throught my second round of ir I could really feel the impact on my bad knee and am sore now... Usually it flares in thr night and thr next morning but can already feel the joint swollen so guess I wont be continuing that :( shame... I did also find it pretty boring the second time, unlike for instance the kettleworx which I found quite fun. I liked how the 30 Day Shred exercises are all short; 30-60 seconds of each exercise before a change, kept that in mind while struggling and was able to push through the last tougher reps with that mentality.
I bought the dvd for a fiver at Primark last week- very reasonable I think! Anyone put off by comments saying it is insanely hard- it isnt that bad :D

Have also had a 100% on plan day today! And quite a small dinner :O was super hungry early for lunch but not as much this eve.
Good weigh in and exercise day/day on plan has me fuelled with confidence! I kinda wish I could take on the 30DS challenge now as I really thrive at personal challenges, grr. So much of the routine was high impact on knees sadly!

Watched a beautiful Studio Ghibli film tonight called The Secret World of Arietty - bet you've seen it Cheeky?? Lovely anime film inspired by the Borrowers :D

Attachments

• 1421445725756.jpg
    1421445725756.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 54
Such a bad weekend for diet that I will probably regain that loss *sigh*.
On Sat had about 6 Guliyan seashells (bro brought a box around) and got plastered on vodka and went to a party where I scoffed doritoes (didnt have dinner) then yesterday I met friends for a Japanese lunch- had yaki soba with seafood (noodles) which probably wasnt too synful but white wheat always sucks fornmy weight loss, then went to another friend's house where I had two double vodkas, two glasses of wine, loads of magic stars and cocktail sausages, apiece of oven pizza and a twix cake bar ;( fail.
Am going to be super good today and do some 30DS to try and make up for it... Am still achey from last time but my knee wasnt as bad as expected :) more my calves and arms that burn!

Brunch! Mmmm! Twas amazing :D
2 egg whites and one yolk scrambled, two rashers of fat removed bacon with cheese grillwd on, half a fried onion, half a tin of beans and salad. So satisfying!!!

Yesterday was seriously veg heavy and a good on plan day but still feeling bad about the weekend naughties!

Attachments

• 1421782806961.jpg
    1421782806961.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 67
Just had WI, a day early as I didn't want to put myself off a workout (water retention from ache the next day = unreliable WI) but it had been 6 days since the last and I feel good weighing just once a week at the moment which is nice.
Wii told me -1lb but the weight still read on the chart as 13st 12lbs - hate how it doesn't do fractions! So am guessing it was more like 1/2lb or 3/4lb or something- but am still relieved as after such a bad weekend of drinking and naughties expected a gain. #cycle! I know I'd never get away with that if it weren't the week after *week when I get my 2nd best losses, I guess burning 1000cal on Fri might have balanced out some of the naughties too.
Have been too lazy to do any exercise since other than some press ups, bicep curls and chair dips- basically have done two days of the old arm exercises I used to do, but have had a totally couch potato few days so probably have burnt less than normal through daily activity ;(
Need to get my a*s into gear a bit... Friday have big plans to go to the final club night of my fave club which they are stopping :( will dance away half of the syns I consume hopefully- plan on getting trashed :p

Off to Kuwait next week for a shoot, yikes.

Drank my body weight in Vodka on Fri, fantastic evening! Awful hangover amd came down with a bug on Sat so food wasnt great but not awful... Have been ill with a chesty cough and awful asthma, struggling to breathe when doing anything on my feet :( nervous about work trip (I fly to kuwait in 36hrs and thr following 2 days have 10hr very physical shooting days *gulp*)
I will probably reach for sugar as energy on the shoots too :/ have wanted comfort food but havent desired anything in particular so have been good thr past couple of days and if anything am eating less.
I know bodies cling to water (extra weight) when ill/healing so I probably wont weigh until I am better and back from trip next week.

Thanks dude, quiet nervous about lugging around huge tripods and equipment when just standing up is tiring right now, especially on my lungs as yest eve my inhalers were doing f*ck all and I had bad asthma for hours from nothing at all... If that happens while shooting I'll be screwed :/ but my flights are all booked so I cant back out now!
Have to pack today but will otherwise take it easy.

Hey Cheeky! Nah I didnt go to the doc as I knew it was just a common cold/virus thing. I managed OK in the end! I still have the awful chesty/muccusy cough but I'm not really suffering and after a week of work and boring flight days (plane screens were down on BOTH flights so couldnt watch films for all 13hrs of flying this week!) I am now aching for some fun but G is ill now too and I'm tired and grrr.
Food really wasnt too awful on this trip and a few days before it had a low apetite due to the bug so didnt eat as much as normal- hoping I wont have gained, fingers crossd for a small loss even ;) though flight days and day off in bed were very sedentary so probably burnt next to nothing from 0 activity those days. Anyway, might WI tomorrow as havent for over a week as I've been ill! Fingers crossed no gain...
X

OK, WI yest showed a 2lb gain, but straight after breakfast I pooped for the first time in 3 days so I re-weighed today and I was back to what I was before :p so I'm counting that as an STS. I think it was to do with it being not long since I flew too, flights always make me retain water and I only waited 24hrs to weigh. I'm also really clogged up with cold so I'm hoping I'd maybe have lost a pound if I weren't a sniffle monster right now.
Yesterday my energy was screwed over nothing (except the bug I guess) and I was ravenous all day but barely moved about at all :( not good. I was too lazy to cook dinner so I had fruit and cereal and then another bowl of cereal and then by 11pm I was starving and made two pieces of lean bacon, 1.5 scrambled eggs and salad and half a tin of beans :( stupid to eat so late, went to bed a 1.30am but it's not like I did any moving to burn any of that off before I slept...

I'm doing much better without msg and aspartame these days though :) I've scrapped the diet yoghurts which are full of them and decided not to drink any diet drinks on the flight, just OJ to try and fight my cold with vitamin C. I didn't feel half as noshy on the flight nor on the trip (on shoot days I refrained from the usual caffeine fix of diet cokes too) and I felt it did good for me. When I landed home, I got a meal deal which included a drink and I already had water on me so I got a diet citrus coke and regretted it ;( had half, later felt all chocolate craving-y, left it in my fridge and had sips the next day and was affected too. It's really interesting to see how much it makes me want more sugar... I have cut out the squash now too and am just drinking water and tea which I'm proud of myself for! And I'm only using the Tesco own stevia (much cheaper than Splenda too at 80p a pot!) I think when I do drink diet drinks (as mixers) I'll try and go for the cloudy lemonade from Morrisons that I like as that isn't aspartame but the thing Splenda is made of (Asulfate K or something).

Anyway, you know me always trying to cut corners and never actually sticking to plan these days LOL, but I do feel good that I'm eating 'cleaner' now. I've also realised that saving syns is probably silly for me as in place of the 100cal chocolate bar I'd have when I needed a sweet fix after dinner, I'd reach for fruit which would come to over 100cal (when I wasn't hungry in the eve so i.e. it wasn't really food optimising) and then later think that gave me the excuse to add up all these syns I wasn't having after dinner or whatever... basically meaning my calorie intake was increasing as I was instead having more free food but then having a 40 syn alcohol blow out. So yeah, being a bit more calorie conscious generally and I've been sung up the slim noodles my grandma got me which are basically made out of water and vegetable lol, they taste pretty weird but they bulk out a meal for 40cal (like the size of a big bowl of pasta for that much!) but I do get the sense they are not keeping me sustained long as I had them for lunch yesterday around 1 and by 4 I was ravenous.

Off to dinner at a Korean/Japanese restaurant tomorrow, a double date with some friends, then bowling after. Friday will be a naughty p*ss up too but will keep all other meals good.
So bored of my weight fluctuating this past year and not actually getting slimmer, but at the same time I just can't be arsed and want to live a bit ;( x

Also, last year in March my dad threw this MASSIVE party for his 50th and this year he's doing one for my stepmother's 50th in the same style- he's hired the snazzy golf club near his house and it'll be a massive party with dress up costumes, a Photo Booth, a band and DJ, lots of scrummy food and as his daughter I get to name drop him at the bar to get added to his tab looool :D I CAN'T WAIT! The theme is movie stars and I want to look like one ;D so I think this should be my motivation to lose weight... 2 months exactly, if I push and stick to my guns (which I won't lol) I should be able to hit my target of 13st 6 (healthy BMI)!
I'm off to Dubai on the 20th and I always backtrack on these trips though, so hopefully I can do a fully good week next week (pre-period though) and get a big period loss by next Thurs :) in fact, I'm not going to weigh in now until my period arrives on Thurs, I've decided. This next couple of days will be bad food/drink wise but Sat - Thurs = Game face on!
x

Bad week for diet... All stemmed off of that super drunken night on Friday, an out of control hangover munchies session that included half a large Doninoes pizza on Saturday and several depressive days of comfort eating since :/ those several days could have been worse (fri/sat could not! Lol) but am due on and my will power is appaulingly low! Also have been a couch potato all week so am literaly storing it all as fat ;(
Today was good though and I got my ass into gear and did an hour and a half home work out including 30 Day Shred which kicked my a*s! I am hoping to force myself through it again tomorrow, purely to feel less guilty about this terrible sedentary week off plan and the three days in a row of off plan to come this weekend (going to a big joint birthday do and much drinking on Fri, Valentines day will call for a treat meal and ice cream on Sat and Sun is G's dad's bday so will be eating whatever his mum makes and on the wine to endure the whole experience more fondly lol).

Havent weighed in and wont until period arrives in a couple of days... Kinda gutted that next WI would have been my best loss of the month cycle wise if I hadnt lost control :( hopefully the scales will at least be forgiving because of post period WI... Bahh.
Anyway I think today I got my head back into the game so will try and keep focus until synful weekend ahead.

Hey matey!
Sorry I haven't been for a visit for a while. Sounds like things are very up and down food-wise at the moment :(
I'm so guilty of letting one off plan day roll in to several and then comfort eating because I've "ruined" the week. We are silly creatures!!

I do like you're plan for the big birthday party tho and there is still plenty of time to lose lbs before then. Maybe not where you wanted, but you never know, and it will at least be very close.
Wish I could help you out and offer you some motivation.xx

Thanks dude :)
I hate that spiral of comfort eating because depressed about previous comfort eating LOL so stoopid...

Have semi decided that I am going to stop taking the pill (am meant to start new strip on Sun), I originally started it so I could attempt to reduce my unwanted body hair from PCOS and to skip some periods while traveling (which was really useful!) and of course to help my PCOS, but it really negatively affects my depression and general mood... G has noticed that in the break week I am always nicer to him and generally happier (and hornier lol!) and I think the pill (which states severe depression as a common side effect) is probably messing me up a bit, as well as crushing my libido.
I have been on it about a year and basically it totally coincides with my weight loss haltering too... Sure I have been traveling lots so it was never going to be a weight loss focused year, but my will power with food has been so rocky and generally I wonder if that is to do with the pill... Just before I started it I was my lowest weight, I gained half a stone and have never gotten lower than that half a stone since... G said his skinny sister always puts on about a stone on the pill and it is the only time she isnt gawky! I really wonder if it could be causing some issues and why the week I break from the pill is notoriously my best loss (used to be the week after period, now is the day of period that I shed...(
So yeah, for multiple reasons am thinking of stopping it now! But am petrified as have read a lot of people's horror stories about coming off Dianette and losing loads of their hair like 6 months later... Fuuuuck!
Also will suck going back to super irregular periods again and loads of guess work on that front.

Period wasnt there yet in the morn so will weigh tomorrow.
Read some motivational 30DS blogs and the inches lost are making me want to try and follow the routine for a month!! After I weigh in though lol :p

I came off dianette more than 10 yrs ago, I had been taking it for about 6 years and moved to an injection, as I had a dvt and can no longer have a combined pill and didn't have any adverse affects, I was taking it initially for my skin as I suffered badly from acne but had no problems coming off it. I guess you need to run it past your gp or practice nurse maybe? I am now on a mini pill which works well for me, I have no periods and no pmt but I know everyone is different my sister didn't get on with the same one at all.

Hey Belle!
Thanks for that reassuring post!!
I think I just stumbled upon a horror story thread of repliers who had probably searched the hair loss thing to be honest...
What is your mini pill called? Have tried so many other pills which really screwed me up, I seem to get really affected by them emotionally and physically... This one hasnt been too bad but I think I didnt notice the transition because I was on the road for 3 months on very exciting travels, but reflecting now I think it definitely effects my mood swings and libido... You are right that everyone is different in reaction to these pills! A friend recommended Yasmin as she had great experiences on that and it was hell for me...!

Back