Extra Easy - The changes.....

The changes are fine for me, except I probably don't quite have enough superfree food at breakfast. However, most of my snacks are fruit, so I hope it evens things out. :eek:

That's what I've been saying (and my SWC has for months) but apparantly it's wrong - you HAVE to have it on your plate :rolleyes:

From what I understand, if you have you B choice as your breakfast then you don't have to make it a third superfree.
It does not say you have to have superfree with healthy extras just with free foods.

My book says 'fill your plate at each mealtime' that includes breakfast as far as I can see. Plus they have porridge with berries & shredded wheat with raspberries.

You're right, Honeyoc, I should embrace the change. I think I might prefer green now all the same, if the one third thing HAS to be on the plate etc.
I was mostly concerned about breakfast as I love cereal and milk......I might fancy another breakfast from time to time but most mornings I can't get started until I have my cereal!!
But if the "one third" rule doesn't apply to when I'm eating my HEX, then that's not SO bad then
Brave new world!

im finding it a bit tricky to get th 1/3rd in for some meals too, but can see the reasoning behind it, although if u do green and have a mahoosive pasta feast every night surely that would have as many cals as a part meat part carb meal..but who knows?
Maybe, just maybe theyve done it so all the old member who think it sounds too good to be true will give it a try! hha

In my extra easy booklet from last year it states that cheese, milk etc is an HEA and cereals, bread etc is a HEB. As this now changed. Sorry for not understanding. Thanks

You're right, Honeyoc, I should embrace the change. I think I might prefer green now all the same, if the one third thing HAS to be on the plate etc.
I was mostly concerned about breakfast as I love cereal and milk......I might fancy another breakfast from time to time but most mornings I can't get started until I have my cereal!!
But if the "one third" rule doesn't apply to when I'm eating my HEX, then that's not SO bad then
Brave new world!

I think TeresaTT mentioned that the main reason for the 1/3 rule is to restrict calorie dense foods without sacrificing satiety which makes perfect sense. However I don't think the rules apply to HE's as you can't restrict the portion any further than what is allocated. So where you're eating cereal and milk you don't have to have the SF food on your plate, you can have some fruit as snacks to get your fruit in for the day :D
Otherwise a great way to incorporate fruit into your breakfast is to make a delicious swiss bircher! Soak your porridge in milk overnight, next morning add half a chopped banana, chopped apple and a variety of berries. Mix in a few dollops of yogurt, stir and eat! If its too cold put it in the microwave for 10 seconds, just to bring it up to room temp, not cook it!

Oooh that sounds gorgeous Honeyoc. Might try that tomorrow!

I'm sure these changes are to help address the slower losses that some people have reported when trying EE.

I agree with Teresa - the third superfree is to fill you up more with the less calorific foods, so you have less carbs and protein on the plate.

If you aren't having it actually on the plate with your meal, I'd suggest having it beforehand rather than after. I have read that fruit digests more easily in the stomach anyway, and it will fill you up a bit, so if you have an apple first, for example, then your breakfast, that may well address the third issue there, helping you eat less. Just an idea.

For anyone that can't face fruit on their cereal, I would suggest you eat the fruit before. As Honey said, the fruit can't actually change your portion size of cereal if its a HEX, so theres no benefit to having the fruit on the same plate.
Also, for anyone who is struggling to get the third at dinner time, a starter course of soup or salad would be an alternative, it will take the edge off your appetite and therefore reduce the eating of higher cal foods - therefore I can't see why not to do that. However if you decide to have fruit after instead then beware - because you may eat too much of the higher cal foods first. I reckon its best to eat the SF foods BEFORE the meal, if its not with it.

However its all common sense, at the end of the day find what works for you. If you find yourself regularly forcing yourself to eat something you don't like, then you are way more likely to go off the plan surely..............

I struggle to eat fruit and veg and I had salad/cucumber ect the only way I eat tomatoes is tinned .
Maybe thats why my weight loss has slowed alot been doing ex for about 8 months and only drop 1/2 -1 and gain quite easy
Might go back to red green to try get rid of the weight gained at xmas

Thanks for the info will try to get to a class soon my class has moved location and night so not so easy to get to (miss my password)

To be fair, the one-third requirement is really not a huge amount of fruit/veg, and should in my opinion be part of any healthy eating plan including green and red.

I've not done EE for any length of time as I left class just after new year last year after starting in October so it had only just come out when I left.

I still have the old book though so I'm going to try it for a couple of weeks and see how I go. If I don't lose I'll revert back to red and green as the 1/3 superfree thing is too much for me and tbh it seems like it's getting a bit complicated.

Back