Extra Easy

Sugarpuff

Hi,
I joined SW the beginnng of Jan, so far I have just followed Red/Green days and have lost 22lb. Have been sitting here reading up on Extra Easy and thinking of giving it a try this week. What does everyone here who has tried it think of it or would I be better just to stick to the Red/Green.

Well done on all the weight lost this week.

SP:)

I've always been a bit sceptical about EE to be honest, but this week I've had two EE days and then the rest of them red. I really enjoyed having chicken stuffed with cheese, wrapped in bacon with potatoes and peas all on the same plate and free LOL

Why not try a couple of days instead of a whole week and see how you get on. You could always add more days next week if you enjoy it

I've been doing EE weeks since Jan, and I find it excellent. I might not lose as much week by week, but I feel like I'm eating what I want now, so it's better for me.

I'm doing EE and find it really easy. It's the only diet I've ever managed to stick to and it's working for me as I've lost 15 lbs in 6 wks. :)

I haven't tried Red & Green so can't compare it. But from what I've heard EE is more flexible than R&G, so it's easier for family meals or eating out. Good luck if you try it!

Years ago there was only the 'original' plan of SW and I am sure when they brought out the 'green' plan everyone was sceptical and were convinced it would make them fat as they had been avoiding carbs for so long...

Embrace the change! You never know what glorious food is yet to be discovered

xxxxx

I am a bit of a red/green girl (been doing this a long time) but i do have a few EE days as I like the flexibility and i've missed meals like spag bol and lasagne etc over the years!!
There have been some amazing weight losses at my group on EE.

I remember, years ago, when the 'green' plan was aimed solely at vegetarians and that everyone who wasn't veggie was encouraged to stick to red days.
Now, of course, that's not the case!

My personal opinion is that EE is great - but only if on R/G you use at least one of your B choices each day on bread / cereal / cereal bars etc.

[if however, like me, you only use B choices on meat/pots etc, then these become free on EE and therefore, in effect, you GAIN a B choice by using EE. I believe that this person could find themselves maintaining on EE and not see a great weight loss]

I think that being aware of superfree food is important though - they recommend 1/3 superfree for the best weight loss results.

hope I haven't confused .... :eek:

Hi,
Thanks for the replys.
I know this sounds silly, I feel silly even putting it down here but it kind of scares me :ashamed0005:. Even thinking about it made me feel out of control - I know, I know what a wally.
Sorry for the nonsense,
SP

I only joined SW this year and have only done EE - I personally never tried Red/Green as I felt it was too restrictive!

I've noticed that people who like both cereal and bread each day can struggle on EE, but I've got used to it and just have one or the other. From my experience, I can cook a much wider variety of dishes on EE than on red/green days - we use 'normal' recipe books at home most of the time and eating out is a breeze!

Have a go - it's worth it (and apparently weight losses are as good if not better than red/green according to the recent results from SW)!

I tend to have a couple of EE days during the week - the rest of the time I stick to red. If I crave cereal in the morning, then I'll have a red day. I do miss bread/cereal bars though. But on the other hand, I'm not keen on potatoes, but love pasta/rice, so it means I can have spag bol & things like that.

I started on EE back on Jan 14th, and have done one red day in the whole time (I was STARVING on it!) and I do a green day each week.

I only do a green day on a Wednesday as I have Jacket potato, cheese and beans after WI, so it makes sense to have an extra B, and means I can have my 2 alpen lights throughout the day and then a Hifi bar at class.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE EE, and have done really well on it, as I have now lost 1st 13 1/2 (Damn that half pound, I really wanted my 2 stone sticker!) and have been doing the plan since January 14th. On average, that's 2.5lbs a week, which I am really pleased with!

But on the other hand I know it doesn't work for some people... I think it's worth having a try on it and seeing what happens.

Emma xXx

It scared me, as I have done SW on and off four years. Jaylou helped me make totall sense of it. I now do 3-4 extra easy a week. I am still losing like when I was just doing red and green. So, I am happy. Love making syn free curry and rice with a pile of veg or salad. Lovin' it!lol

The most EE days I've tried was 3 in a row and I didn't lose that week, however I think it's because I eat more on EE days - I eat what I'd have on a green day plus the red day food! I also missed my hex b's - I like to use them on bread and cereal so had to have those as syns instead. I stick mainly to green and just use EE now and then.

Thanks Ladies, think I will give it a try today and the week end and see what happens.
This is what I'm planning for today, is this ok?

B = Mulerlite yoghurt & fruit (raspberries, strawberries pineapple, nectrine & blueberries)

L = 2 poached eggs, beans
2 slices Nimble wholemeal HEB
Mullerlite yoghurt & Raspberries

D = SW chips, mushy peas & gammon

Bedtime = 350 ml milky coffee HEA (skimmmed)
HiFi Mint Chocolate Bar 6 syns

Though the day just drink water/sugarfree squash or Fanta Zero.

How does this look?

Thanks,
SP

Looks fine to me as a fellow EE follower! Don't know how you manage on so little for lunch - I'm starving by then and eat loads!

Good luck!

Thanks Ladies, think I will give it a try today and the week end and see what happens.
This is what I'm planning for today, is this ok?

B = Mulerlite yoghurt & fruit (raspberries, strawberries pineapple, nectrine & blueberries)

L = 2 poached eggs, beans
2 slices Nimble wholemeal HEB
Mullerlite yoghurt & Raspberries

D = SW chips, mushy peas & gammon

Bedtime = 350 ml milky coffee HEA (skimmmed)
HiFi Mint Chocolate Bar 6 syns

Though the day just drink water/sugarfree squash or Fanta Zero.

How does this look?

Thanks,
SP

Do you use all of your milk allowance or is there some left? If you don't use all the milk then it really shouldn't be counted as a HeA and should be syn'd instead.

I done EE all last week and i stayed the same on Wed at my weigh in, although i had ate out 3 times that week and nibbled at crisps and choc etc at the weekend so i was more than pleased with STS as i thought i had gained. I normally do all green days as i love pasta baked potatoes etc but i have decided this week that am going to do EE from Fri-Sun and Green days the others days as EE gives you more flexibility and its at the weekend when i tend to eat more. Does that make sense to do this?

Any comments greatly appreciated! :D xx

Back