Extra Help For Xenical Starters

I hvnt taken my pills today bcos I am out for dinner on sunday. Worried that I will hv fatty foods and birthday cake! Thought it was best to come off them just now x

Everyone's different in how they decide to deal with going out. The main thing is to make sure you start taking the pills again on Monday morning if you leave it it gets harder to restart.

Hi, I think you've done the right thing. You can't enjoy yourself when you're worrying about the effects of Xenical and wondering where the nearest toilet is. Have a good time.

coming off them is the best thing i think, then your not worrying that you might make the wrong choices, and maybe leave it a day before you restart taking them after your meal as the tablets will still work with the fat thats in the system, i had this happen to me. I dont think immodium will do any good with the tablets as its not exactly an upset tummy you getting!!

Enjoy your weekend and have a great birthday

I think imodium would have the same effect as my iron tablets have just had. Constipation surrounded by orange. :( a very odd combination. Tango has a life of it's own whatever the rest of your bowels are doing :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I agree...the immodium is a ridiculous idea to be honest and not a healthy one at that. I can't see the point of taking Xenical if you're going to be eating enough fat to be tango'd and need to take the immodium...if you're doing things right, you won't have bowel problems.

Was just a thought. I hv bn a wee bit naughty last night at brothers party ... Was eatn sausage rolls, sandwiches and birthday cake. Hvnt pills fae wednesday so hopefully not going to be too bad. I stuck to the vodka and diet irn bru last night xx

You definitely made the right choice! :)

Sure did :) I am normally a rose wine drinker and probs hv that tomorrow whilst watching footy before going out to dinner. I weighed myself on monday morning before starting pills then again yesterday and I hv lost 5lbs :) xx

can i just check something ..... what is the difference between the fat per 100g or the per serving. I dont understand how we need to check the 100g!! I was looking at a packet of the sunbite crisps as i had them in the cupboard. I was checking the fat of which saturates and it was under 5g, is that right?? x

The far per 100g is the standard as portion size varies from item to item. So if you had something that was 3.2 g of fat per 100g and the portion/packet size was 400g then you would be eating 12.8g fat in that one thing. And as each meal shouldn't go over 15g fat you know that what you eat with it should be less than 2.2g fat.
Also you look at the fat as a whole. The saturates are only a part if the fat content.

Does that make sense? I'm sure bunny will be along and explain it in a better way :)

Kat is right...you have to look at the fat per 100grams, it's the most important part, once you've got that down to under 5g's then you just need to add it up to make sure you don't go over 15grams for the whole meal.

If you don't quite understand it, then maybe don't try to just follow the rule... There are some sample lablels at the start of this thread showing where to look.

You need to look at the TOTAL fat not just the saturated fat.

The sunbite crisps are totally out of the rules, they're 21grams per 100grams

I think you need to assess your whole diet to be honest, you're trying to change your lifestyle and looking at crisps isn't the way to go about it. It's during this time, you should be making lifestyle changes and choosing the right choices, if you don't you'll be back at your starting weight and more before you know it. 97% roughly of dieters, put all their weight back on and more, once they've lost it, they just fall back into bad habits and becomes a yo yo...

Forget the crisps, biscuits, cakes, anything covered in chocolate, it's out! Cheese is out. Forget salad dressings and oils it's out. You have to look at the total fat.

The total fat is the top line, that's the number you want. not 'of which saturates' or 'mono unsaturates' or 'polyunsaturates' but the total fat.

Think of it like this, if you don't check the fat per 100grams, you could be eating stuff the equivalent of 10 mars bars!

Last edited:
The sunbite crisps are totally out of the rules, they're 21grams per 100grams

Thats the bit i didnt understand as on the nutritional information, there was info per pack for the 25g. I thought that as I was just having the one pack, that would hve been where I took the fat content from :(
x

I've just made my own potato and carrot crisps :) very very yummy! :)

I've used a potato/veg peeler to make wafer thin strips of veg. Sprayed a baking tray with fry light and baking them on a low ish heat for a long time.
Season with salt snd devour . :)

I'm going to try sweet potato and butternut squash next

I am hopefully going to be starting back on xenical at the beginning of the month. Thankyou for all the info. I have used it before in the past and It worked for me. I too would like to know should I take the pill before or after food. I cant remember what worked best thanks xxx

Thats the bit i didnt understand as on the nutritional information, there was info per pack for the 25g. I thought that as I was just having the one pack, that would hve been where I took the fat content from :(
x

You should always look at the total fat first. crisp, cakes, chocs etc you just can't have... once you've got the rules down, it becomes second nature, as it becomes an easy plan to follow. :)

I've just made my own potato and carrot crisps :) very very yummy! :)

I've used a potato/veg peeler to make wafer thin strips of veg. Sprayed a baking tray with fry light and baking them on a low ish heat for a long time.
Season with salt snd devour . :)

I'm going to try sweet potato and butternut squash next

Yep, I do these Kat. I like to sprinkle a bit of mixed herbs on or a little bit of chilli powder..yum!

I am hopefully going to be starting back on xenical at the beginning of the month. Thankyou for all the info. I have used it before in the past and It worked for me. I too would like to know should I take the pill before or after food. I cant remember what worked best thanks xxx

You can take them during the meal, just before or up to an hour after. I think it's easier to take them when you start eating that way you won't forget :)

They were delicious and I managed to scoff the lot before the kids came home :/ which sort if defeated the unjust as I'd wanted my youngest to try them. I'll just have to make more ....

up, up up!

Back