Extra Help For Xenical Starters

bump

I have just started on the orlistat tablets today from the doctors. I have taken one today after my evening meal. I am not sure whether these will work with me or not. I normally follow slimming world and i had my gallbladder out 3 months ago, weight has been an issue since then! I thought it was going to help me by having it out but it has hindered me. I lost 3stone on slimming world before then. Do any of u find that the orlistat work? I am on the 120mg tablets. I have taken one tonight with my evening meal as i never got them until lunchtime earlier. I have been at the toilet a couple of times already and my backside feels constantly like i want the urge to go !!! Dont think i can continue like that x

Orlistat works brilliantly. They are all 120 mg.
It's not an easy option fat doesn't just melt away you still need to work at it. Lots of people on here use xenical along with SW or WW both work well.
There are a couple of stickies for newbies

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Xenical does work. You need take one tablets with your meain meals and have healthy low fat snacks between if you need to.

The Xenical is probably reacting what the food that you have previously eaten, that's why you're feeling icky at the moment. You need to stick to the two rules when taking Xenical, doing this will ensure you don't have any nasty side effects. Go back to the start of this thread and have a read through of the info, hopefully it will help you :)

thanks for getting back to me. I did have a wee read at the beginning of this email earlier but i was a little confused about it. My doctor told me to stop slimming worls and just calorie count 1500 per day for myself. Was told not to eat anything too fatty but he never said anything about checking the nutritional info for fat content. I am still confused after reading this x

thanks for getting back to me. I did have a wee read at the beginning of this email earlier but i was a little confused about it. My doctor told me to stop slimming worls and just calorie count 1500 per day for myself. Was told not to eat anything too fatty but he never said anything about checking the nutritional info for fat content. I am still confused after reading this x

In this case I have to say ignore your Dr saying to count calories. With Xenical it's vital that you "count" fat before anything else. If you read through this thread it gives a really clear explanation of all the info you need - but feel free to ask more queries.

Being your first day you will be expecting the tablets to be responsible for any trips to loo, remember you would have gone normally, but as Violet (Bunny) says the tablets will work with the food already in your system.

Lots of people take the tablets and do SW but not all the SW approved foods can be taken on Xenical. I think you have to follow Xenical first and SW second - the main thing is start looking at fat content, have a good read of this thread and the one in the stickies and good luck. Lots of us are on this journey and it would be great to have you join us.

What is it with these doctors and their lack of knowledge about what they're prescribing?!
My doctor was pretty good but it was my pharmacist that told me more.
I do SW with xen and I find it works well together although it is the xen that is uppermost in my mind as you don't want the side effects but I like to go to my SW group for the support and weekly weigh in

My pharmacist did ask if I had used them before and when I said no she told me there was a leaflet with the pills and I was to ready that! I am scared.bcos it is my brothers 18th on friday so I will be drinking, going out for dinner saturday as its my birthday on sunday. Gonna be a mad weekend but don't want orlistat to hinder me.
So for those on sworld and these tablets ... Wot can u or can't u eat?
I was reading about the unwanted leackage that can happen with these tablets and that scares me as I work in a hospital 12hrs at a time, not feesable to go to toilet all the time xx

If you're going to have a tango moment unfortunately you don't get to control it. It just happens . It's very strange .
If I think I might be expecting a tango day I wear a sanitary pad positioned a little further back than normal . Sorry too much info I know.
If often takes 24 hours for it to happen though. It's not instant reaction.

You have a couple of options, you can take the Xenical as normal and go for low fat foods and drinks would be soft drinks, or spirits and diet mixers which are the best options with Xenical or you can stop taking the Xenical.

Xenical remains in your system for up to 72 hours so if you're going to stop it so you can go out etc then it's best to stop it now, by doing this will, you don't run the risk of nasty poo reactions, if you continue the Xenical then you could possibly get tango'd :)

No I hardly get any reactions as I check the values of everything I eat but just occasionally you get a reaction to something you weren't expecting. Everyone is different . I can eat eggs and fish but other people can't . I had a horrific reaction to pork mainly because I hadn't realised it was such a naturally fatty meat. Now I won't touch it all . You just have to find what works for you . But generally check the values, stay within the rules and you'll be ok

I can eat eggs, fish, and pork chops all fat trimmed off.. Mostly baked in oven no extra fat added..

If I was on night out I would still take the tablet as it would be working on what I had eaten.. Just know that next day I would need the loo frequently :) u choose.. Always salads with grilled something with dressing on the side.. Or baked potato with toppings on the side so u can add??

thanks for your info girls. I think it will all just be trial and error. I am going to continue to take the tablets over the weekend and see what happens. I have generally bn not too bad. I am nightshift at work tonight and I was starving so eating a chicken noodle cup a soup. it says it was 0.1g of fat so having that and a yoghurt.
Does anyone experience any nasty side effects from the alcohol? Is it allowed to take immodium whilst on these to save those tango's moments??? xx

Debz1809 said:
thanks for your info girls. I think it will all just be trial and error. I am going to continue to take the tablets over the weekend and see what happens. I have generally bn not too bad. I am nightshift at work tonight and I was starving so eating a chicken noodle cup a soup. it says it was 0.1g of fat so having that and a yoghurt.
Does anyone experience any nasty side effects from the alcohol? Is it allowed to take immodium whilst on these to save those tango's moments??? xx

Immodium .. Never thought to take it.. Those tango moments happen with out much warning (to me) altho I know it will be happening bc of what I ate.. Just not when!! Lol

Yoghurts are usually in under the 5grams per 100grams rule.

There is too much fat in alcohol. Spirits are ok, like vodka and diet coke.

You shouldn't be having tango moments if you're following the rules correctly, if you're having toilet problems then you are still eating too much fat.

So glad you said vodka is ok im out saturday with the girls, first time since last october (due to pregnancy) never though of alcohol including fat.

Best to stick with spirits and diet mixers ;)

I hvnt taken my pills today bcos I am out for dinner on sunday. Worried that I will hv fatty foods and birthday cake! Thought it was best to come off them just now x

Back