Extra Easy extra lean mince

Where can you buy this from? I can only ever find lean or just plain mince (not lean) ...where are all the extra lean mince's hiding???

I don't have a butchery any where near me....

most supermarkets have it, I get mine form either Tesco's or Asda, I think its classed as extra lean if it has less than 5% fat, I'm sure someone will correct if that is wrong..

sainsburys has it too hun, and morrisons! i think its less than 5% too but could be wrong! xx

Tesco's is under their healthy living mince range. I just did an online order with tesco's since I'm not well enough to go out shopping, and when I put in extra lean beef mince, nothing came up, but when I put healthy living mince in, it came up right away with extra lean mince under the healthy living.

Sainsbury's also do EL mince, never looked for it in asda tbh, and I've never seen it in Morrisons, but that might be because it's only a small one near me.

But tesco and sainsbury's def do it.

Something my consultant mentioned a couple of weeks ago is that some consumer group or other did tests on all the supermarket extra lean minces and found that some of them were not all they were cracked up to be and contained more fat than they claimed. Sainsburys came out top of the different supermarkets, but my C did suggest still draining any fat off extra lean mince once its browned, just to make sure.

I usually get my mince from sainsbury's, but I had to do an online order and sainsbury's don't deliver to me. I always drain off my mince anyway, wherever I buy it.

Back