Extra skin, and tattoos!

xMandyDx

Determination is Key
Two birds, one stone. :p

So.. I've got to lose about 9 stone to be at target. That's a lot of weight. Should I be worried about loose skin, afterward?
I go for a 3 mile walk a couple of times a week, and get out cycling with my 2 year old in her trailer, when I can, and I'm hoping to join an aqua aerobics class soon.
Is this enough exercise to ward off the baggy skin suit, or should I be doing more?

And the second bird is.. tattoos.
I have quite a few tattoos. Will they look all weird when I lose all that weight?
I'm really worried about that, as I have a rather large one going from my foot to my knee.

First off, congrats on the weight loss so far. I don't think it matters much what exercise you do to try and stop getting loose skin, it just happens things like age will determine if it springs back. You can try sit ups, etc to try and help but I think it's all down to mother nature at the end of the day and one of them things we have to prepare ourselves for unfortunately.

Crickey xMandydx....you have made me think now. i have a couple of tattoos. one on shoulder of a cherub... it will prob end up looking like a wrinkly old lady by time get to goal lmao.. Wonder if anybody who has lost weight wiv tats will comment .. hope so !!

Thanks JL, I'm 28, so I'm hoping my skin still has enough elastic to snap back lol plus if I lose it slow and steady I have more of a chance, don't I?

Deb, I sure hope someone will post who can say for certain lol

I think this is a very individual thing, some people don't suffer with loose skin and some people do. Lots of factors affect it - how much weight you have lost, skin elasticity, how quickly you gained the weight in the first place - how quickly you lost it.

In my personal experience I've lost over 5 stone and have quite bad loose skin on my stomach, although nothing awful anywhere else. I'm 22 and don't have any children so that should really be on my side but maybe I'm just unlucky!

I have been overweight since childhood so I think that my skin was probably stretched so badly that it won't just spring back into shape.

I only have one small tattoo on my wrist so I can't help with that side of things, however what I will say is that regardless of how my skin looks I am 100% happier being slimmer with it than I was being fat without :)

I have lost now and noticed skin is not looking good if I am honest had a big ol cry about it the other night as the boobies are not looking great either ( resembling joke old lady cards) and I am 29 with no kids just hoping that fitting in smaller clothes and being healthier is going to make up for feeling like this . My tattoos are on bony places so one saving grace is they still look ok lol

I have lost now and noticed skin is not looking good if I am honest had a big ol cry about it the other night as the boobies are not looking great either ( resembling joke old lady cards) and I am 29 with no kids just hoping that fitting in smaller clothes and being healthier is going to make up for feeling like this . My tattoos are on bony places so one saving grace is they still look ok lol

So sorry, hun. Maybe you can spend a while saving up and treat yourself to a boob lift?:banana dancer:

Lol I told oh to get working scrap the wedding and pay for a boob job lol lol that was the end of the tears then you have to laugh don't you! Thank u for taking time to reply

Hey, you know a lot of people give money in a card for wedding gifts!

I'm sure your hubby wouldn't mind if you use that to get your savings started.
Body image is so important. And if you're not happy with yourself, after losing all that weight, and working so, sooo hard, well then maybe you need the extra push. Go for it, I say!

Plus, after spending a grand to make your new body look better, you won't be in any hurry to put any weight back on!

That's a good idea!! No one talks about this side of it , you see celebs in magazines saying how wonderful it is after losing weight and they are airbrushed to hell and it not realistic luckily oh is great and said he would love me with no arms legs or head fallen off so I know he is a keeper as he has seen me fat thin and the journey in between and is always supportive . I just wonder is it some thing specific to how fast u lose the weight to how your skin reacts would it be better to lose 1 lb a week or will it all end up the same anyway . Thanks again for listening to me ramble on this site really helps

Celebs have the pocket change to afford tummy tucks and boob lifts and what have you. Us, the ordinary Joe, doesn't. Lately it seems nobody has two pennies to rub together. And it's only getting worse!

I mentioned it to my Consultant about the loose skin, who has herself lost 7 stone on the SW diet, and she reckons as long as you do some activity and have a slow and steady weight loss, your skin should snap back.
But then again, it does depend on a lot of factors. I have the classic apron from having three kids, and I don't see that ever disappearing. I think I'll be starting my own savings afterward for a tummy tuck/boob lift. H

Hey, I'll have worked so hard, I deserve to feel and look my best after.

Well I hope there is some snapping action around here soon lol and good luck with the savings I might start now every little helps

Like Tesco lol
Oh now I'm imagining Tesco Tummy Tucks hahaha

I done some reading about skin elasticity online, and research shows skin can take a year to snap back if the weight loss has been drastic and fast.

Back