Extra skin

Discussion in 'Plastic Surgery After Weight Loss' started by Lailah, 17 January 2014.

1. Lailah

Lailah Active Member

Silly question maybe, but does everyone have loose, extra skin after significant weight loss? I have around 6 stone ideally i would like to lose x
  2. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Well-Known Member

Hi Lailah I'm no expert on this but to be honest I expect so, I know that in my case exercise will help but there's definitely no way that all the skin will disappear without some kind of surgery so I'm bracing myself for a tummy tuck at the least.
  3. GemsGem

GemsGem Active Member

Hi Guys, my friend lost 7 stone in 6 moths and has no saggy skin, I think it depends on the elasticity of your skin. Looking after your skin with a good moisturiser during weight loss can help. Surely a little skin is better than allot of fat x
  4. Maria

Maria Was born to shop

I lost about 5 stone a while ago and only really had a bit of loose skin around my stomach, but I have also had 2 pregnancies with one baby being over 9lb so that May have been the main contributing factor.